PDA

View Full Version : So happy to see Jamplay Bass is here!

pain995
08-12-2013, 12:43 PM
I was a bass player that was a Jamplay guitar subscriber for a year. back then I had heard that they were going to have a JamPlay bass subscription however it never seemed to come around. Just for kicks I take a look and to my surprise here it is. I hope the updates keep rolling in, and if they do I will become a long time subscriber I'm sure. So far what I see I like and I'm curious how long its been up and running and what others think of it so far? Lou from PA

redzeppelin
08-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Hi, Lou. I'm a total beginner and I've been enjoying the bass lessons here so far. I've been using the site for almost a month now. I really hope they add new content soon. A lot of the beginner lessons repeat the same information, so there really isn't as much content as it seems at first glance. And the genre pickings are very slim right now.

I'm also hoping they add bass features to the Games section.

Jason.Mounce
08-14-2013, 11:38 AM
We have lots of Phase 2 material coming for bass. It's just a matter of getting the instructors in to the studio for filming, then editing the content.

pain995
08-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Hi, Lou. I'm a total beginner and I've been enjoying the bass lessons here so far. I've been using the site for almost a month now. I really hope they add new content soon. A lot of the beginner lessons repeat the same information, so there really isn't as much content as it seems at first glance. And the genre pickings are very slim right now.

I'm also hoping they add bass features to the Games section.

Well I'm not a beginner but I am going through the beginner courses just to try them out. I'm basically skipping over the very basic stuff. They seem to very well done just like on the guitar site. I was disappointed by the lack of content in the Phase 2 section. But if things go through like Jason says it has a lot of potential. I'll be subscribing month to month to see if and when content gets added. Keep up with your playing and hope all goes well for you.

bassischill
08-16-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm something of a beginner as well. I started about a year ago with Roy Vogt's Teach Me Bass Guitar but it's DVD and paper based and I had some trouble understanding about scales and the like because of the format. I signed up for a year-long membership on the bass site to show them that there is a market for this so they keep the content coming.

I've been going through the beginner lessons and I have to say that Dave Ellefson is a terrific teacher. I've looked at the other instructors as well and they are all great but a few seem to be shredding and going a bit too fast in their beginner lessons. I am sure it's extremely difficult for a pro player to slow it to the degree that a beginner needs.

I signed up here because I was looking for something with a little more interactivity. I highly recommend downloading or purchasing GuitarPro for use with these lessons. Everything they play in the lessons is in the GP files and you can speed them up and slow them down to practice them and play along at your own pace. That itself made the year's subscription worth it. If you download the software from GP's website it is 60 bucks but I got a disk copy on Amazon for about $35. It's so worth it.

I would like to see more songs added that are geared toward beginning players. Symphony of Destruction, which is a fantastic song is one of the two that are marked easiest of the bunch and to a beginner they are not easy at all. I'm determined to eventually learn it but at this stage it feels very over my head and intimidating.

redzeppelin
08-19-2013, 10:11 AM
I would like to see more songs added that are geared toward beginning players.

I'm sure they'll come. Right now what I'm doing is just paying more attention to the songs I listen to every day, and when I hear something that seems easy enough for me to play I make a note of it and then Google it later. Usually you can find tab online, and often you can find a YouTube video of a lesson.

I even started a thread on this forum looking for good beginner bass songs and received several good suggestions.

oldshepster
08-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Just throwing my (considerable) weight behind more bass lessons and perhaps even one live lesson a week. If I could have one thing, it would be more diversity in songs. Metal seems well represented, but some more rock, blues, country and folk would be great.

Shep

lclark
12-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Just throwing my (considerable) weight behind more bass lessons and perhaps even one live lesson a week. If I could have one thing, it would be more diversity in songs. Metal seems well represented, but some more rock, blues, country and folk would be great.

Shep

I'll second the blues lessons.
I've been a subscriber on the guitar side for about a year and just signed up for a year of bass lessons. I was a little stunned by the lack of content on the bass side but I'll stay busy with the beginner lessons for awhile for sure.

Looking forward to growth!