PDA

View Full Version : Bass jam tracks

mikesirman
06-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Am I just looking in the wrong spot or is there no bass jam tracks at all on here?

Or an option to mute the bass on the guitar jam tracks?

oldshepster
06-05-2013, 12:40 PM
I second the vote...more bass jam tracks and song lessons (not just metal).

Shep

Jason.Mounce
06-05-2013, 12:45 PM
We've definitely got more bass songs coming as well as a ton more content. We've got licks and riffs recorded from some of the instructors that will be added. Although there are no jam tracks currently, those will be coming in the future as well.

mikesirman
06-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Awesome, the licks and riffs will be great as well.

That has always been one of my weaknesses, can follow the guitar no problem but having little fills to throw in would be awesome.

jb0004
07-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Any word on jam tracks for bass?

ckolling
08-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Any update on jam tracks?

bassischill
08-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Any update on jam tracks?

Doesn't seem like they are very responsive to bass players around here. The post that said they had riffs and stuff recorded was made back in June and it will be September in a week and not much has changed. When the bass part of this site was introduced, someone from jamplay posted on the talkbass forums that the bass element of the site was a very high priority for them.

I may have jumped the gun in buying the yearlong membership. I am going through the beginner stuff but wish there were more things to go to switch it up like have jam along tracks that I can download into Guitar Pro and learn to play along with.

jbooth
08-25-2013, 09:22 PM
We are just finishing up the final touches on the backing track player. They should be good to go very shortly!

redzeppelin
08-26-2013, 10:37 AM
We are just finishing up the final touches on the backing track player. They should be good to go very shortly!

Great news! Thanks for the update.

one bullet barney
08-26-2013, 04:53 PM

I guess we'll see how long we are "just waiting on the software". Meanwhile, during the wait, jamplay has our money for a product that clearly isn't ready. I have to agree with bassischill, I may also have jumped the gun by taking a year long membership. The lessons seem quite well done but the rest of the content for bass is non-existent. Yet the price is the same as for guitarists. I won't be recommending jamplay to any other low end players until this improves significantly. I had high hopes for this site so they have the benefit of the doubt for now. My good will won't last long however.

redzeppelin
08-27-2013, 10:49 AM
If I had paid full price for a year I think I'd be disappointed at the lack of new content thus far, but I joined during the summer sale. I feel like there's $100 worth of content here now, especially when compared to the cost of private lessons or even other online/DVD tools available. I'm not going to complain much unless (or if) I master all of the existing content and there still isn't anything new.

I do, however, think it would be nice to have some sort of reward or special offer for early bass adopters when it comes time for renewal.

In the meantime, it would probably behoove us all to spread the word about the bass membership here. The more members and support they have the more likely they will be to focus on adding new content and features for us. I'd love to see the bass community grow here. Our section of the forums is a bit too quiet now.

one bullet barney
08-27-2013, 04:50 PM
I don't think anyone could really put forth a good argument saying there isn't any value here. Without doubt, the price of the site beats the cost of private lessons hands down. My quibble is with paying the same price as the guitar folks yet getting much less content. I don`t believe the public side of the jamplay website mentions anything about getting less product on the bass side. I understand that this area is in it`s early stages and there is much work to be done. That`s a given. But there was no mention of beta testing, or content under development before I signed up. If the bass side wasn`t completely ready, it shouldn`t have been rolled out yet.

Believe me, I want this site to succeed and be the best thing since sliced bread as far as bass players are concerned. Jamplay has my hard earned bucks and I`m a newbie at bass who doesn`t know squat and needs all the help he can get. I`d prefer not to be a second class citizen and I think 4 months is more than enough time to get at least few backup tracks posted. Again, they will have the benefit of the doubt for awhile.

As far as spreading the word about the site, I agree that more people should lead to more features for bass. However I won`t be less than honest about the content if I`m asked. Hopefully we`ll get equivilant content to the guitar side sooner rather than later, and I can talk up the site to anybody who`ll listen.

Now.....off to the lesson. Hey, does anybody know where I plug this thing in?

jbooth
08-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Thank you very much for the feedback. I just want to give everyone a little information.

We currently have 8 lesson series for bass in the editing cue which should start showing up on the site in the next few days/weeks. Bass IS a priority to us, and we've been hard at work filming amazing new musicians. It does take a bit of time to produce and edit though. Get ready for a big bass push in the coming months.

The tracks really are coming soon! Promise :)

bassischill
08-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Thank you very much for the feedback. I just want to give everyone a little information.

We currently have 8 lesson series for bass in the editing cue which should start showing up on the site in the next few days/weeks. Bass IS a priority to us, and we've been hard at work filming amazing new musicians. It does take a bit of time to produce and edit though. Get ready for a big bass push in the coming months.

Thanks jbooth! I really appreciate it.

one bullet barney
09-02-2013, 06:20 PM

I see that some bass tracks have been posted as promised. Well done!! Thanks.

wulfman99
04-26-2014, 03:32 AM
Totally agree on that!