PDA

View Full Version : Help with Fender Mustang I Amp

parnold45
06-19-2011, 01:43 AM
Hi, I am looking for the player who had the same amp with the recording software. Where do you get the software from? I have FUSE and I cannot find it there. I thought if I registered the Amp on line I would get it, but nope. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Pat

denswon
06-19-2011, 04:26 AM
I don't know about the Mustang I for sure but my Mustang III came with the fuse software as well as Fender amplitube and Ableton live LE, the Ableton is the recording software. Hope this helps.

am

stangmus
06-19-2011, 04:28 AM
thias should help you some FenderŪ Support (http://www.fender.com/support/)

blinky
06-19-2011, 10:30 AM
With the Gdec 3, all the software was on the included cd.

If I remember correctly it does not autorun so you have to look for it?

Was a bit confusing to get the Ableton registered but it is all there.

Pretty sure the same setup is on all the Mustangs

merischino
06-19-2011, 01:18 PM
I recently got the Mustang II, and although it came with a cd, the software wasn't on it. I had to go online, register my amp, and then there were links leading me to the free download of the LE versions of Ableton (recording software) amplitube (seems to me a noob that this is mostly amp effects that you can add in using other recording software that you already have) and FUSE, which I had to download the latest since it was updated since the cd was burned, and which is not recording software itself so much as the means by which you can change the modelling effects in the amp.

So... shorter answer would be:
1. I'm still using GarageBand for my recording purposes. I also have Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/), whcih is available free online for pc, mac, and linux, and is fairly decent recording software in its own right, and although I haven't touched it, other DAW I have now from other purchases is CUBASE le. I just haven't gotten around to learning it.

crosstour
06-19-2011, 05:52 PM
I recently got the Mustang II, and although it came with a cd, the software wasn't on it. I had to go online, register my amp, and then there were links leading me to the free download of the LE versions of Ableton (recording software) amplitube (seems to me a noob that this is mostly amp effects that you can add in using other recording software that you already have) and FUSE, which I had to download the latest since it was updated since the cd was burned, and which is not recording software itself so much as the means by which you can change the modelling effects in the amp.

So... shorter answer would be:
1. I'm still using GarageBand for my recording purposes. I also have Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/), whcih is available free online for pc, mac, and linux, and is fairly decent recording software in its own right, and although I haven't touched it, other DAW I have now from other purchases is CUBASE le. I just haven't gotten around to learning it.

Very similar with my Mustang IV purchased a few months ago: came with a CD but Fuse was not on it, had to download that (it may be that the Windows version of Fuse was on the CD, but I use a Mac. Even with Windows, you may have to download the latest version anyway). I'm also using GarageBand for recording. The CD had PDF manuals and video tutorials on it which might be useful.

T Russ Blues
06-19-2011, 07:48 PM
I have the Mustang 1 and I love the amp modeling' but the recording software has me baffled as usual....lol

gibstrat
06-19-2011, 11:20 PM
im having the same problems, and not only that......

my fender mustang just shut down when i was playing through it, everything seems to be connected and set up like it usually is.
hopefully it was overloaded and shut down to keep from breaking up or something, but i doubt it.
wlll i will check on it again tomorrow, not sure if i have a warranty still on it or not.
figures huh.......
:rolleyes:

parnold45
06-20-2011, 12:50 AM
Thanks everyone, I am still confused about the recording software but I will bug fender. I am no where ready to use it, but I would love to make my recordings better. Right now I record straight to webcam which after 102 takes or so works out fine, well except for the sound and video and lack of accompaniment and stuff like that.

parnold45
06-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Hi everyone, I found the software on the CD - now if only I could find the serial number!

blinky
06-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi everyone, I found the software on the CD - now if only I could find the serial number!

Serial Number is on a card that is buried in the box that the amp came in. You are following the same path of confusion that I did when I bought my G Dec :cool:

denswon
06-22-2011, 09:01 PM
The serial number on my Mustang III is on a data tag on the back of the amp near where the footswitch plugs in. It was also printed on the box,and on a card that came in the box as blinky said. Hope this helps. :p

PS It also may be printed on your reciept.

merischino
06-23-2011, 12:09 PM
also, if you are on a mac you can get the amp serial number (assuming the usb connection is plugged in and the amp is on) by running system profile which is in your utilities folder on mac osx anything after 10.5 I believe. Its icon looks like calipers, and when you run it there will be a list of connected device types on the left... go to "USB" and look in the list on the right hand side for the amp to be listed.

parnold45
06-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Thanks again for all you help. It is AMAZING to me how helpful everyone on jamplay tries to be. I'm still a little stuck as I can't get my recording software to see my amp and I think I need a cable from my AUX port on the amp to my microphone jack on the computer. Hopefully that will solve it.

flatulentone
06-24-2011, 03:00 AM
The aux port is an input so that you can play your ipod through the amp as a backing track.

perhaps the phones port on the amp to the microphone input on the computer but I would have thought that the USB cable that connects the amp to the computer would be the interface.

T Russ Blues
06-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Im having the same issue with the abelton software, I can see my recorded track, but I get no sound when I play it back...what do I need to do? :rolleyes:

merischino
06-25-2011, 02:38 AM
what kind of computer are you using, and are you using the supplied USB 2.0 cable for connecting the amplifier to your computer? Have you plugged it into an actual USB 2.0 (not 1.1 or earlier) port on your computer? Is the amp on?

I'm on a mac, and when I plug in the amp and turn it on the first time, it makes me go online and update the Mustang Amp firmware. That said, the computer recognized the amp immediately, giving me a pop-up dialog box telling me it detected "Mustang" and did I want to use it.

I've been defaulting to using GarageBand for what little recording I've done so far, its the least overwhelming to figure out, at least for me. I also have dawdled long enough with Audacity to get some stuff down with that, although I haven't gottent great sound quality that way. (I also haven't done it with the new amp in audacity yet).

So, DAW being Garageband, when I launched GB I go into the preferences and I set the "output" to built-in because I haven't gotten fancy enough for other options, and the "input" to "Mustang Amplifier".

A quick check with Audacity shows that if you go to Preferences...Devices...input: "Mustang Amplifier", go back and generate a new audio track and turn on monitoring, you should start getting some results with audio capture right away.

All of that was a mouthful, but I'm guessing that if your computer (should be similar on a pc) didn't recognize the amp at all that you haven't completed the firmware update yet. Or, there's something wonky with your usb connection. Or, you set yourself up for using the amp as an output for playing your backing trakcs without setting it up as an input for the guitar signal itself.

Hope this was helpful in some way. I also have a pc so if you're not mac I can move it to the other room and work through specific steps with you if you'd like.

Michele

parnold45
06-25-2011, 03:38 AM
Michelle -

Thanks for your help, I am going to have to study your response for a little bit as I am not that smart and I get a headache after the first couple of lines:> Hopefully the answer is in there. My big desire to record is so that I can do multiple parts of a song and put it all together. DJ Phillips has a great example of this with his "On the Road again" lesson

crosstour
06-25-2011, 06:40 PM
also, if you are on a mac you can get the amp serial number (assuming the usb connection is plugged in and the amp is on) by running system profile which is in your utilities folder on mac osx anything after 10.5 I believe. Its icon looks like calipers, and when you run it there will be a list of connected device types on the left... go to "USB" and look in the list on the right hand side for the amp to be listed.

Interesting. The serial number printed on the back of my Mustang IV, plainly labled "SERIAL NUMBER" is 12 characters beginning with "CGPL" and followed by 8 numbers. In my Mac System Profiler, the amplifier's serial number is 24 very different letters and numbers. Mebbe it's in hexadecimal?:confused: Anyway, I was able to register online with the printed serial number.

parnold45
06-25-2011, 07:38 PM
I found the serial number for the amp - it is the serial number for the recording software that I was having issue with - but I went to fender.com and found out how to get that, so I am set on both. Thanks!!!!

merischino
06-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Interesting. The serial number printed on the back of my Mustang IV, plainly labled "SERIAL NUMBER" is 12 characters beginning with "CGPL" and followed by 8 numbers. In my Mac System Profiler, the amplifier's serial number is 24 very different letters and numbers. Mebbe it's in hexadecimal?:confused: Anyway, I was able to register online with the printed serial number.

interesting... i notice that's true for me too. However, I was able to register with the serial number from system profiler iirc. I'll assume my memory is lapse and stop suggesting that... thanks for the heads up.

I found the serial number for the amp - it is the serial number for the recording software that I was having issue with - but I went to fender.com and found out how to get that, so I am set on both. Thanks!!!!

Glad you are set! If you are still having problems getting your system to recognize the amp let me know.

parnold45
07-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Thanks for all the help, I finally got my cable today (suck's to be poor doesn't it?) and I got the recording software to record 1st song - 'Cheating Heart' by the late great HWS, I played a chord version over the top of my 1st recording of the TAB and it sounded like two guitars dueling it out in the desert!! Needs some work, but at least it is work I really like!! Thanks again

ladyshredder
07-04-2011, 11:46 AM
You should have received software with the amp. If not, I'm sure fender will help you out on their homepage! If not, go back to the store and ask:)

shrekfingers
07-04-2011, 12:09 PM
skip the recording software they supply, i found it was limited and confusing, but that is just me( guess I just didn't want to take the time to learn new software). I use Audacity.:rockout: