Premium Member

Cool Hello Everyone - New Here

Learned guitar back in high school mostly by ear and learning songs from tablature but was always weak in theory. Picking the guitar back up after a 10 year hiatus and want to learn it correctly. Really interested in developing a better foundation of theory, scales, chords, time signatures, etc.

My musical tastes have changed a lot over the years from classic rock junkie, to blues, pop, and now jazz fusion and funk. Currently listening to a lot of snarky puppy, and session artists like Mark Lettieri, Martin Miller, and Andy Timmons. Always looking for good new music from any genre.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for music or where to start for beginner instructors and courses. Feel free to DM anytime.

Thanks, everyone!

-Torey

Basic Member

Hi Torey,
    Welcome! I am back after a several years break on Jamplay. I grew up listening to funk and soul but never learned to play them on guitar. I like acoustic blues and folk these days. There are a lot of course and lesson offerings here. You might check out the many "live" lessons that occur all week long with various instructors. Some are regular courses that target certain skills and genres while others are open Q & A where you can ask questions and even join in through your own video stream to interact with the instructor. Have fun!

Basic Member

Hi Torey,
    Welcome! I am back after a several years break on Jamplay. I grew up listening to funk and soul but never learned to play them on guitar. I like acoustic blues and folk these days. There are a lot of course and lesson offerings here. You might check out the many "live" lessons that occur all week long with various instructors. Some are regular courses that target certain skills and genres while others are open Q & A where you can ask questions and even join in through your own video stream to interact with the instructor. Have fun!