Premium Member

Default New (Old) Dude in E Texas

Attempted to play guitar years ago -- gave up and gave my guitars to charity. I'm starting over -- this time I'm listening to myself instead of the "pro's" that said get a Right Handed guitar (I'm left handed). My guitar is on order - should be in Thursday (an Ibnez AEG10L11 - Left Handed). Signed up here and looking forward to starting lessons.... now to figure where to dive in first.

I'm 84 - live in a small E Texas town --- and I'm also a brewer at a local Brew Pub.

Don

Premium Member

That's awesome. I am a home brewer myself. I love visiting small local breweries.

Dave Isaacs, one of the teachers here, is left handed and plays right handed guitar. He said it just makes sense to him to use the dominant hand on the fingerboard.

My grand daughter is left handed and I gave her a right handed guitar and she is learning incredibly fast.

Premium Member

Welcome DoninETexas. You have my vote for listening to yourself, especially at 84! Good luck with playing. There are a lot of great lessons and people on this site for sure.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoninETexas View Post
    Attempted to play guitar years ago -- gave up and gave my guitars to charity. I'm starting over -- this time I'm listening to myself instead of the "pro's" that said get a Right Handed guitar (I'm left handed). My guitar is on order - should be in Thursday (an Ibnez AEG10L11 - Left Handed). Signed up here and looking forward to starting lessons.... now to figure where to dive in first.

I'm 84 - live in a small E Texas town --- and I'm also a brewer at a local Brew Pub.

Don
    Welcome Don. I'm in Houston. I'm 40 years younger, but I love guitars and beer! Let me know if you're ever in Houston

Jared