This week I just took the big leap from a solid state modeling amp to a tube amp, specifically the Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue. I've spent many hours playing different amps and that's the one that fits me.

Now I want to make sure I take care of it right. Some of the stuff makes sense, like don't transport it when it is still hot, etc.

But the standby switch, what a controversy out there. Use it or not? Use it a certain way or not? There are articles, YouTube videos with oscilloscopes, forums, and on and on about the Standby Switch.

Use it when powering up your amp to allow the tubes to warm up before you apply voltage
Using it prevents cathode stripping
Cathode stripping is not a thing with guitar amps because the voltages don't get high enough (< 1,000 volts)
Don't leave it on for extended breaks because it will cause cathode poisoning
Cathode poisoning takes too long to occur for it to matter
The Standby Switch prevents voltage spikes to the filter caps
The Standby Switch was introduced by Fender on request from the musicians to get rid of hum during breaks
The Standby Switch is used because substandard components were used that could not take spike voltages during startup
The switch wears and develops a nasty pop after a while
Tube TVs and radios do not have the Standby Switch, so guitar amps don't need them.

OK, I did my research and ended up where I started (and yes, I even called Fender), which is use it or not?

Do you use the Standby Switch and why or why not?