Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Default Hello from Melbourne Australia

Hi All,

I am new to Jamplay from Melbourne Australia. I have had a few attempts to learn guitar as an adult beginner but work and other commitments always got in the way. In 2018 I now have some time to spare, and have decided to learn guitar right this time. I have found it hard to find some good teachers locally, and has been hard to commit to a regular time each week, so I figured I would give online lessons a go. Looking forward to learning from here and talking all things guitar with you all.

Good luck to you all on your guitar journey

Craig

Premium Member

Welcome to JamPlay and the Forums. It's good to read that you now have the time to pursue your interest in guitar. I've been playing for many, many years and, IMO, you've come to the right place to learn. You will find just about anything you are interested in right here and, if you don't, just ask. The staff and instructors are terrific and there is a wealth of information available so enjoy your stay and have fun!
    Marky

Premium Member

Thanks Marky for the welcome, I know some beginner bits but I am going to start back at the start and forge ahead through the beginner material, some I will know, but can always pick up extra bits and pieces, doing Chris Liepe's beginner course, looks good thus far, I know most of the open chords, but will work through it all in order. Can't wait to improve my playing much easier than driving to guitar lessons.

Premium Member

I think it's a good choice for you to start over, so to speak. It will help you remember some things you may have forgotten and the things you do remember you can fly through. Chris Liepe's beginner course is a great series. He has another series on getting the most out of your practicing that you may find beneficial. Most of all, have fun and if you have any questions, just ask.
    Marky

Premium Member

Hi Marky,

I was not aware of Chris's other course around practicing I will definitely check that out, as that's something I need to focus on is regular practice and getting the most out of each practice session. Is there any other beginner series I should look at or once I complete Chris's should I just move on to the specific genre I like?

Premium Member

Hi Auskid,

You can find Chris's practice couse here: http://members.jamplay.com/workshops/workshop/51

Once you finish the beginner course, I think you'll know where to go next but moving to your favorite genre is a logical progression. Enjoy!
    Marky

Premium Member

Thanks again Marky, I will check out that practice course by Chris, that will be most helpful. Do you recommend more than one beginner course, or just one be enough?

Premium Member

IMO, I would stick with just one. I like the way Chris does his lessons but Lisa Pursell is very good too and so is Will Ripley, if you play electric and like Blues and Classic Rock. Before you get too far into it, you might want to check out their Intros but then pick just one. Bouncing back and forth can be confusing and end up being frustrating.
    Marky

Premium Member

I am enjoying Chris's lessons so far, I do play electric and love rock and blues too. I will check out Lisa and Will too, but learning a lot from Chris which is good.

Premium Member

If you're doing well with Chris, I recommend staying with him. You can do his Practice Workshop at the same time and benefit from both!
    Marky