Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by nwhy View Post
    First, there is no wrong. Wait, there probably is a wrong. What they say is there is no right. No, that's not it. There is no one right way. That's it. It's whatever works for you, whatever gives the more natural hand position.

Second, the teachers and the old time greats do not agree. Maybe they are all right, but with different rights.

Here's a lesson which talks about the pros and cons of a pinky anchor. I think I can find you more if you want.
    http://members.jamplay.com/guitar/ph...e-pinky-anchor

For me it's an easy choice, I can't anchor my pinky and I don't see a need to try. If you can do it without the crutch, why use the crutch?
    On the other hand (well, the same hand), anchoring my thumb on the bass comes naturally.
    Thankyou this is EXTREMELY helpful. I was really struggling with playing my B and E strings with my pinky anchored. It was hampering my progress.

Premium Member

I was just looking at the Week 8 song. It is awesome. I just love the relaxed vintage blues style of this series. I am going to miss it when it's over.
    This is where I was yesterday on my week 6. I still need work on my rhythm (like always) and I am not quite getting the turn around and ending. But I think after practicing today and tomorrow I will have it.