Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by nwhy View Post
    First, there is no wrong. Wait, there probably is a wrong. What they say is there is no right. No, that's not it. There is no one right way. That's it. It's whatever works for you, whatever gives the more natural hand position.

Second, the teachers and the old time greats do not agree. Maybe they are all right, but with different rights.

Here's a lesson which talks about the pros and cons of a pinky anchor. I think I can find you more if you want.
    http://members.jamplay.com/guitar/ph...e-pinky-anchor

For me it's an easy choice, I can't anchor my pinky and I don't see a need to try. If you can do it without the crutch, why use the crutch?
    On the other hand (well, the same hand), anchoring my thumb on the bass comes naturally.
    Thankyou this is EXTREMELY helpful. I was really struggling with playing my B and E strings with my pinky anchored. It was hampering my progress.

Premium Member

I was just looking at the Week 8 song. It is awesome. I just love the relaxed vintage blues style of this series. I am going to miss it when it's over.
    This is where I was yesterday on my week 6. I still need work on my rhythm (like always) and I am not quite getting the turn around and ending. But I think after practicing today and tomorrow I will have it.

Premium Member

I bought Mike Tolle's album a few days ago. I must say it is absolutely terrific. I have been listening to it while drinking my morning coffee.
    I can hear a lot of the licks he has been teaching us in his playing.
    I have been told by several guitar teachers it helps a lot to listen to the music you want to play. I can really see how it does.
    You can purchase his album here. https://www.amazon.com/Mike-Tolle-Ac...rds=mike+tolle

Premium Member

Just thought I would take a minute to thank Mike Tolle and Jam Play for the fingerstyles Blues course. I liked the 10 week format and the assignments Mike
    gave out each week seem to move me foreword in a very positive way or should I say improvement. LOL! I heard Mike say that they were going to make
    a second series of Fingerstyles Blues course. That sounds great to me. So Thanks and 73!

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by scavarts View Post
    Just thought I would take a minute to thank Mike Tolle and Jam Play for the fingerstyles Blues course. I liked the 10 week format and the assignments Mike
    gave out each week seem to move me foreword in a very positive way or should I say improvement. LOL! I heard Mike say that they were going to make
    a second series of Fingerstyles Blues course. That sounds great to me. So Thanks and 73!
    That was a spectacular course. I recently started working through Eric Madis fingerstyle blues course. There are other courses you can look at to advance from where you are here http://members.jamplay.com/search-re...gerstyle+blues

Premium Member

That was a spectacular course. I recently started working through Eric Madis fingerstyle blues course. There are other courses you can look at to advance from where you are here http://members.jamplay.com/search-re...gerstyle+blues This is the one I started on http://members.jamplay.com/guitar/ph...es-and-ragtime

Premium Member

Default Scavarts

Quote Originally Posted by BetThisNameAintTaken View Post
    That was a spectacular course. I recently started working through Eric Madis fingerstyle blues course. There are other courses you can look at to advance from where you are here http://members.jamplay.com/search-re...gerstyle+blues This is the one I started on http://members.jamplay.com/guitar/ph...es-and-ragtime

I totally agree with you on all points BTNAT. I had been working on Eric Madis fingerstyles blues course for about 8 weeks and was making fair progress.
    I then seen the Mike Tolle's (Beginners) course so I concentrated and grinded on it for the 10 week with out working on Eric's course. I felt that Mike's
    class gave me great balance of left hand and right hand technique in slow 12 bar blues format and tempo that I needed to advance. Then I started to stay
    in time better which was cleaner and sounded like I was turning in to a finger picking blues fool. LOL! Now as you suggest I am going to work on both
    Mikes and Erics course at the same time until Mikes part 2 comes out. Thanks 73! or Best Regards!

Premium Member

I totally agree with you on all points BTNAT. I had been working on Eric Madis fingerstyles blues course for about 8 weeks and was making fair progress.
    I then seen the Mike Tolle's (Beginners) course so I concentrated and grinded on it for the 10 week with out working on Eric's course. I felt that Mike's
    class gave me great balance of left hand and right hand technique in slow 12 bar blues format and tempo that I needed to advance. Then I started to stay
    in time better which was cleaner and sounded like I was turning in to a finger picking blues fool. LOL! Now as you suggest I am going to work on both
    Mikes and Erics course at the same time until Mikes part 2 comes out. Thanks 73! or Best Regards!
    I felt that Mike's course was more geared toward beginners or someone unfamiliar with the style, which is really where I needed to be. He did start really simple and build from the ground up so that I felt like I got the concepts down that I need to follow up with Eric's course.

Premium Member

Does anyone know what walk up Mike is using in his first two licks, week ten?