Default Learning the Jamplay web site.

Is there a page or a place to help me learn about the Jam play website? For example I have no idea what bundles or badges are. I don't want to keep bothering people with questions that may be obvious to them. Also I'm looking for a place to ask a couple questions about jamming with other players. Thanks.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozarkmountaingal View Post
    Is there a page or a place to help me learn about the Jam play website?
    It's a mystery. No clues. I guess you just have to explore and pick up hints as you go along.
    You are not the first to ask. If there is a getting started page or info for more advanced members, I'd love to be corrected.

>For example I have no idea what bundles or badges are.

Bundles are a special feature of the Christmas sale. If you didn't get them then, it seems they are no longer available.
    It's a shame to spend all that time developing them and then let them go. In my opinion.
    But for more information, those pages are still up:

https://account.jamplay.com/bundles

For badges, you can video yourself, upload it, and JamPlay will give you feedback. All good stuff.
    Finding the badges which are available is a bit tricky right now.
    This page lists them. It's labelled "beta". Are badges still in beta? Is there a better list?

http://members.jamplay.com/badges/apply

>I don't want to keep bothering people with questions that may be obvious to them.

Don't be shy. Ask here, or in the chat room, or ask support. Also, use the search feature on the forum.

>Also I'm looking for a place to ask a couple questions about jamming with other players.

Ask away.

Premium Member

I always liked this page for badges better
    http://members.jamplay.com/my-jamplay/profile#badges
    You can access it by clicking on the "My Jamplay" button and chooseing "My Badges". There are all kinds of filters on it to help you find the badges you are interested in achieving. They are kind of like having a gold star stuck on a lesson page, but what I find is that I work a lot harder on a lesson when I know I am going to submit it to someone for evaluation. So in that sense they really enhance my learning efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozarkmountaingal View Post
    Is there a page or a place to help me learn about the Jam play website? For example I have no idea what bundles or badges are. I don't want to keep bothering people with questions that may be obvious to them. Also I'm looking for a place to ask a couple questions about jamming with other players. Thanks.
    We long ago had a getting started page, but even with a giant bright prompt on first login it went underutilized and we would typically be answering questions such as this anyhow. So when we rebuilt the site, we didn't recreate the page as a result.

If at any point you are having trouble navigating the site, or want pointed in the write direction, you can contact us via phone or e-mail at [email protected] and we are more than happy to help you out with how the site is laid out.

The site is built off of a menu system that you'll see at the top of the screen when you first login. Every menu button will have a drop down that corresponds to the information it holds which will then send you to that location of the site.

In the event that you find yourself lost, you can always look for the "JamPlay" logo in the upper left hand corner of the screen. That will always take you back to the welcome page.
    Jason Mounce
    Content Producer
    [email protected]
    877-999-4JAM

Emil Werstler on Active Pickups:
    Pros: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde
    Cons: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jason.Mounce View Post
    We long ago had a getting started page, but even with a giant bright prompt on first login it went underutilized and we would typically be answering questions such as this anyhow. So when we rebuilt the site, we didn't recreate the page as a result.
    I think I missed that one. In my view, if it helps anyone it is a good thing. If there is a problem, people can ask ... we hope they will ask.
    But if they are missing out on something, overlooking a feature, they don't know to ask.
    So I would see it as after-sale-marketing in addition to it being support. Look at the neat features we have!

In the Lessons menu, I would add a Getting Started category, before Phase 1. Not just a page, but more a place to collect short video clips or texts about things you need to learn even before you start to learn how to play. What is setup? Correct playing posture. How to practice. Features on the lesson videos like looping and slow-down. What is GPX (Guitar Pro) and what is it good for. About the Forum, Live Sessions, Live Q&A, Badges. There's a lot here. Some video clips could be taken from existing lessons or from the Q&A sessions at the Big Sale Events.

Goals, something about goals and the kinds of things that need to be learned, the steps along the way.

Premium Member

I would add my voice to that. Same question. If anyone knows of a page it would be helpful.