Default Beginner who wants to Progress to Flamenco

I'm just starting out and learning from Jim Deeming in the beginners section but I was curious if he's the best option if I want to progress into flamenco? Is starting with fingerstyle a good segue into flamenco?

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'm just starting out and learning from Jim Deeming in the beginners section but I was curious if he's the best option if I want to progress into flamenco? Is starting with fingerstyle a good segue into flamenco?
    Marcelo Berestovoy has a Flaminco lesson series, and he's a great teacher.
    http://members.jamplay.com/guitar/ph...spanish-guitar

You should attend his live sessions as well, he'll help you find your way. Good luck.

The way that most of the Phase 1 series here are constructed, they strip out most genre related material from the learning process. Beginning guitar is all about the mechanical learning ability on the guitar, not necessarily the heavy technique and genre specific concepts.

With that said, my advise is to take a Phase 1 series that you like the best from the instructor standpoint. When you can better relate to the instructor, typically you'll progress quicker and more thoroughly. Then as your basic foundation of playing starts to coalesce, start branching out in to the genre and skill specific concepts that pertain to what you'd like to do with the guitar.
    Jason Mounce
    Content Producer
    [email protected]
    877-999-4JAM

Emil Werstler on Active Pickups:
    Pros: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde
    Cons: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde