Default Badge Management

This is probably on the JamPlays tech team backlog, but I thought I would post the question for general consumption and possibly get a yes in the near future, yes sometime in the future or this is what we have for now type answer.

I really enjoy the idea behind badges.
    The list of available badges is getting huge.

Finding and Viewing Badges by the following filters would be great:
    • Instructor
    • Live Session or Course
    • My Completed Badges
    • Guitar or Bass
    • Date

Premium Member

Something I have found really helpful when searching the badges is hitting CTRL and F so a word search field comes up. Then plug in a word or more of what I am looking for. It doesn't solve stuff you mentioned here but it is useful and may be of some help to you.

@Bet.. yes good tip, that exactly what I am currently doing! But from me it's CMD-F

I would like to add an another item to the wish list, that would be book marking or a badges in-progress queue list of badges I would like to work on.
    I would be nice to have a menu item to go right to the list/queue, of the badges I am working on or plan to work on.
    When I use the menu item 'My JamPlay -> My Badges' it's a bit slow. It goes to my profile and then I have to wait a few seconds for the redirect/render of all the badges and then CMD-F through them.

Doh! Never mind!
    My request already exist!!!! Near the top is a is a link that says "Filters" when you click it, an expansion area opens to a lovely set of check boxes that allow you to filter.

badge_filters.jpg

I guess there are a few filters that I would like to add.

Those who try to build idiot-proof systems always underestimate the persistence and ingenuity of idiots.
    — Anon
    Last edited by robdbirch; 07-08-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Yup, that filter is in there already! Also, if you're going through the list, completed badges show up in Green, while badges you have taken, but either not completed or failed, show in red.
    Jason Mounce
    Content Producer
    [email protected]
    877-999-4JAM

Emil Werstler on Active Pickups:
    Pros: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde
    Cons: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde

Premium Member

Hi JamTeam !!!

I think the badge system is really great!!!

In the beginning I was afraid, or shy to start recording myself playing. But it is a really great exercise. First of all, goals are not the same. Making the video that will be seen by somebody I do not know enforce me to make it right, to do it again and again and again to show a satisfying result. Well. it's an exercise, so I determine an amout of time I can spent on it, otherwise I will never post the video, waiting to be perfect.

I've noticed a great improvment of my skills since I've been trying to win my badges. And it's fun !!!

Reviewers, could you please explain me the relation between badges and Jampoints ? I do not win the same amout of jampoints for each badge, and I'm curious to know why. Is there a rule? each badge has its own value (in this case it will be great to know before), the amount of earned jampoint depends of the quality of the work?, is it a kind of grade ?

I'm not doing my badges for the jampoints (even if it is challenging to try to appears in the rank) but I'd like to know why I've earn 600, then 250, then 400

One more little thing, It will be usefull to find the link to the badge directly from the lesson or the archive page (for workshops), could be an icon displayed when there is a badge to complete

Thanks !!!

Emmanuel
    Last edited by manu2verdun; 09-26-2017 at 07:07 AM.

The JamPoints differ typically based on what the badge is requiring. The harder the badge is and the more work it requires, the more points it will provide. So for instance, a badge asking you to play the A shaped barre chord isn't going to be worth as much as say the badge asking you to play Turkish March.

For the live workshops, the badges are created after the infrastructure is built. Not that it wouldn't be possible, but it does add some layer of complexity there. Jeff runs that part of the show, so he'll have to comment on the linking aspect.
    Jason Mounce
    Content Producer
    [email protected]
    877-999-4JAM

Emil Werstler on Active Pickups:
    Pros: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde
    Cons: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde