Basic Member

Smile Greetings from Italy!

Hello everyone,

A few lines to introduce myself...

I've had a guitar for almost 40 years but I have only been playing on and off since then. More off than on, of course. Every so many years I pick it up, take the rust off on the very few things I have learned (always the same things), and then for one reason or another, I always give up. Usually due to the overwhelming frustration I feel when I (soon) encounter my limits. But also because I had 5 different teachers and none of them had what it takes to get me going for real. Over time I have added a couple more guitars in the process.

I became a jamplay member a few years back, my last go at it before now.

This time a few things have changed. I have more time, the kids finally sleep at night, and I have a room where I can leave the guitars on their stand and connected to all the associated toys (PC, audio interface etc.), which means that I no longer have to spend half the time setting things up first and cleaning up the mess after. Those of you who are married know what I mean! Plus, it helps that with Jamplay, and internet in general, you can learn stuff at your own pace and at the weirdest hours.

And in fact, in the last couple of months I made more progress than in the last 30+ years all together.

Ciao!

Welcome back to Jamplay!
    Phileos High Energy passionate Music with Heart and a bit of Southern Attitude.

I'm not married and I know what you mean! I finally gained a room that is being used for music, but I'm still cleaning and organizing stuff so that I can have my guitar out at all times.

Best Wishes with your guitar learning! May the children cooperate and help you get far quickly!

Premium Member

Something that helped me was buying a guitar hanger system. Now my guitars are out where I can see them and I can quickly grab one off the wall anytime. I'm playing much more since I installed this. I can recommend Diamond Life Gear. (I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I just like their product and service.)

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by jhanc View Post
    Something that helped me was buying a guitar hanger system. Now my guitars are out where I can see them and I can quickly grab one off the wall anytime. I'm playing much more since I installed this. I can recommend Diamond Life Gear. (I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I just like their product and service.)

Cheers!
    Thanks! If they had a like button, I'd have used it. lol

Premium Member

Hi, that all sounds very familiar to me! Glad you're making progress, it's such a great feeling I think,

Graham

Premium Member

Welcome. Your story sounds identical to mine. Except for me it was more like 50 years. Once I retired I decided that I was finally going to learn how to play. It has been a great pass time for me. At my age I learn slower, but I am in no rush, sometimes the journey is better than the destination.