Default Getting back into the zone!

Hi all,

Today I'm reconnecting with JamPlay and my old guitar teacher Lisa Pursell, and a few new teachers.

I'm looking to take Genre lessons with Hawkeye, and beginners Rock with Will Ripley. Any student here had any lessons with either of these two guys, and what tip you can give me to get back into the zone and get playing again?

Thanks
    Lee
    "Keep doing it, the more you do the more you learn". - Paul McCartney's advice for inspiring musicians/songwriters.

Welcome back, Friendl. I've taken lessons from both Hawkeye and Will. They are very good and very different. Obviously Hawkeye is a bluesman and Will is a rocker. I find Will will get you rocking fairly quickly. My suggestion is to learn to play a couple of songs and practice them, as well as following and practicing the lessons of whichever instructor you choose.

Premium Member

Hey Friendl! Have you checked out any of the live courses since you've been back? If your schedule allows, you can attend live on a weekly basis or check the archives and work through the accompanying guided practice videos. Let me know if you have any questions! If you're looking for a good place to start on the live stuff, I would recommend my "Blues Roots To Rock" series. It'll fall in line with some of the other lessons and teachers you mentioned.
    -Chris Liepe
    Content/Instructor
    JamPlay.com

Hawkeye's were some of the first lessons I did on Jamplay. They taught me a tremendous amount on how all the old blues tunes were put together and the power of putting emotion into a note and milking it for everything.

I just finished Will's level 2 program, I took it based on how many people on the forums had commented how good it was. Great lesson set that really help me understand sometimes you don't have to be fast or even all the technical to make really great music. For me most of it was not very difficult but a real eye opener to some simple but effective approaches.
    Phileos High Energy passionate Music with Heart and a bit of Southern Attitude.

Thanks Chris for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris.Liepe View Post
    Hey Friendl! Have you checked out any of the live courses since you've been back? If your schedule allows, you can attend live on a weekly basis or check the archives and work through the accompanying guided practice videos. Let me know if you have any questions! If you're looking for a good place to start on the live stuff, I would recommend my "Blues Roots To Rock" series. It'll fall in line with some of the other lessons and teachers you mentioned.
    "Keep doing it, the more you do the more you learn". - Paul McCartney's advice for inspiring musicians/songwriters.