Premium Member

Default Skill of the Week Forum Discussion

Post any questions or comments concerning Chris Liepe's Skill of the Week course right here.
    Chad Fawcett
    Content Producer
    Jamplay.com

Premium Member

I'm really enjoying the Skill of the Week lessons. Good stuff. Problem is that I usually can't watch live because of my schedule so here's a question.

I came across Chris's article on JamPlay, Got Grove? Really interesting article on using accents and leading or pulling back in songs, developing a pocket conscience. Chris goes on to talk about the different kinds of music (blues, and fast, medium and slow tempo rock, swing) and developing the groove conscience. Lately I've been listening to music trying to pick this up.

Can you talk about these concepts throughout the course and show where they fit and how to use them?

The article link:
    http://members.jamplay.com/articles/read/186-got-groove

Thanks.

Al

Premium Member

Hey! Glad you're enjoying the course. If you want to get deeper into the different types of grooves that the "Got Groove" article touches on, check out the archived live course "Strum It Up". Especially during the back half of the 10 weeks of that course, we talk about pocket and demonstrate different feels over different grooves. Hope to see you live sometime!
    -Chris Liepe
    Content/Instructor
    JamPlay.com

Premium Member

Thanks! I will do that.