Premium Member

Default Ernie Ball VP Jr Isuues

Hey guys,

Ive recently started to have issues with my sound through my chain. Ive done some playing around with cables and I think I have diagnosed the constant fuzz sound as coming from my VP Jr. I know there can be a lot of issues with the pedal, but I haven't found any solutions to fix the issue. I went straight into my VP and out to my amp, and the fuzz gets louder as I turn up my VP, so that is why I'm thinking it must be the VP. I had some issues recently of it popping when I swell it in, so I bought DeOxit and sprayed the pot and it hasn't popped since. But the fuzz ont go away. Any suggestions?

Should I spray the pot again with DeOxit? Or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks guys!

-Cory

First verify it's the pedal. Any thing when going straight from Gutiar to Amp? Just make sure it's not the Amp or in the guitar volume or connectors. What about a different guitar?

If it is for sure the pedal I would guess one of the Input/output connector has gone bad or loose. The fact you hear it more when you turn it up, that's not surprising since the VP Jr is a volume pedal. It could still be problem with the Pot or really any component on the pedal. I don't know your financial situation but if I was absolutely sure (check pedal with different amp, check direct to amp, different guitar, etc...) then I would just get a new one. Volume pedals are pretty cheap and likely cheaper to replace than fix.