Question Lesson Credits - What are they? Why can't I as a member, download the lesson?

Over at Drumeo, I can look at any lesson I want to and download whatever I want to. Why do we have Lesson credits? What are they are why is it not even in the FAQs? Why should I be limited to only 1 lesson? I never did a download lesson before. I did download a couple pdf supplements. Thanks!

Download credits provide you the ability to download and keep the lesson forever. They are currently available as part of the Pro membership.
    Jason Mounce
    Content Producer
    support@jamplay.com
    877-999-4JAM

Emil Werstler on Active Pickups:
    Pros: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde
    Cons: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jason.Mounce View Post
    Download credits provide you the ability to download and keep the lesson forever.
    I've been trying to think which lessons I would want to keep forever. It's like which books I would like to have on a desert island but less hypothetical. Being able to download lessons and play them without the internet is definitely a big plus; keeping them forever, not so much.

I can download e-books from my public library but they have an expiration date. I don't know anything about downloading movies but I assume that there is digital rights management software available for that too. That may not be so easy for you. I'd rather check them out and return them than keep them forever, assuming that would be cheaper or that the credits could be partially reused anyway.

My other question on this is what does a credit get you? One credit one lesson? Even though lessons range from 5 minutes to an hour? Not one credit per lesson series? Can you buy more credits? Can you buy credits if you don't have the Pro membership?

Quote Originally Posted by nwhy View Post
    I've been trying to think which lessons I would want to keep forever. It's like which books I would like to have on a desert island but less hypothetical. Being able to download lessons and play them without the internet is definitely a big plus; keeping them forever, not so much.

I can download e-books from my public library but they have an expiration date. I don't know anything about downloading movies but I assume that there is digital rights management software available for that too. That may not be so easy for you. I'd rather check them out and return them than keep them forever, assuming that would be cheaper or that the credits could be partially reused anyway.

My other question on this is what does a credit get you? One credit one lesson? Even though lessons range from 5 minutes to an hour? Not one credit per lesson series? Can you buy more credits? Can you buy credits if you don't have the Pro membership?
    1 credit is 1 lesson, regardless of whether that lesson is 5 minutes or 2 hours, if it has a single scene or 10 scenes. Once a credit is used, it can not be transferred back for something else.

As of this time the videos are not DRM laced. We trust our customers to do the right thing in that regard by not freely distributing them. There are a couple built in safeguards on the site to prevent download links from being shared publicly, but otherwise you don't have to worry about any thing. Download it and transfer it to whatever device you need it on. When you redeem a download credit, that lesson becomes yours for life. In the event that you lose, delete or otherwise do not have access to that file, you can log back in to the "Account" section of the members area and redownload the file as needed. This is why there's a download management area now in the members account section which is the only area of JamPlay accessible to both active and inactive members.

Right now the download credits are only available on the Pro membership which has 25 of them built in. The way the system is designed, being able to purchase download credits is a technical possibility. As of yet we haven't decided that fate however, so access to download credits outside of a pro membership may or may not come to fruition.
    Jason Mounce
    Content Producer
    support@jamplay.com
    877-999-4JAM

Emil Werstler on Active Pickups:
    Pros: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde
    Cons: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde

If I was forced to have Comcast at my internet, I would NOT be able to use Jamplay as they charge for going over a certain bandwidth. Also, in Alaska, internet is so spotty in parts, that one drumeo member had to download everything in order to even begin to watch it. Plus, even where I live, sometimes I get interruptions with my viewing, or have my cpu go up high which interrupts viewing. I think that the real reason why no downloads is because someone is being overly zealous in making sure people don't distribute to others. I don't mind that reason, but it really doesn't work for all people. And, if I lived at my parents, we'd be out of luck. They are forced with Comcast. BTW, only being able to download 25 lessons, is a bit silly. Drumeo allows me to download 1500 lessons so that I can have it forever. Also, many lessons have pdfs where its possible to have one. But, images where I have to go from one image to another in order to play the song they do not do. Thanks!

Necroposting to my own post: Drumeo came out with a piano course like their Drumeo drum course. If they ever do Guitar, I am so on board. However, that doesn't meant I will quit here - yet. I've not even begun to do here, what I intended to do, thus I'm going to renew in December, for another year, even though I do have many books at home and there are so many free learning tools on the web. However, it would be doubtful I'd extend my membership beyond a second year, for financial reasons. I get more under the Jared Falk's Drumeo way of doing things.

With this, I'll end this thread. Thanks!