Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3

    Default JamPlay Pro membership?

    Hey guys,

    I noticed that there is now a "JamPlay Pro" membership offering available with the current sale. The description just includes things like "JamPlay Pro Features" "25 Ownership Credits" and
    "1-on-1 Consultation" but no information on exactly what these things are. Does anyone have a link or more information as to what you get with the Pro membership?

    Thanks a bunch!

    Scott

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm putting up the full details of this momentarily

    Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder

  3. #3
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slighter View Post
    Tiered pricing was inevitable I guess - hope it works for and not against. In my experience this type of thing can rub some the wrong way. Personal experience with any premium over basic subscription has rarely been worth the added expense. I know I don't have an extra 90 bucks lying around this time of year. A few thoughts below -


    As for the t-shirt this I always found amusing - you should pay me to walk around in a mobile billboard and be a subsequent q+a guy/pitchman on the street, bar, jail, etc...
    The jampacks are of subjective value - my use of prior free or bonus packs is limited for varying reasons.

    Thanks for reading, typing this out pretty much settled it for myself - best of luck to everyone involved and whomever involves themselves within it.
    I also have a question about the lick packs. Are these from the current lick and riff library repackaged and separated out or are they new sets of instruction? Jim Deemings and Tyler Grants library material is definitely something on my (admittedly long) to-do list and it would make me sad to lose access to those.

    ~ bd

  4. #4
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    105

    Default

    When does the holiday sale expire?

  5. #5
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Why is it called Pro? Does that mean it is for professional musicians, aspiring professional musicians, for professionals who can afford to pay more? Or maybe Pro is not short for professional? The one-on-one consultation session is less useful for absolute beginners and pro musicians than it would be for intermediate players? Are the exclusive live sessions aimed at beginners, intermediate, or advanced players? The lick packs would be of interest to advanced players I guess. I don't know if the download feature would help beginners or advanced players more. So who is your target audience for this?

  6. #6
    Moderator jbooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BD-cgull View Post
    I also have a question about the lick packs. Are these from the current lick and riff library repackaged and separated out or are they new sets of instruction? Jim Deemings and Tyler Grants library material is definitely something on my (admittedly long) to-do list and it would make me sad to lose access to those.

    ~ bd
    They are unique, we produced them just for this sale.
    Co-Founder and Content Specialist at JamPlay.com

  7. #7
    Moderator jbooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slighter View Post
    Tiered pricing was inevitable I guess - hope it works for and not against. In my experience this type of thing can rub some the wrong way. Personal experience with any premium over basic subscription has rarely been worth the added expense. I know I don't have an extra 90 bucks lying around this time of year. A few thoughts below -

    Is/will there be a choice as to instructor(s) for the 1 on 1 consultation or just whoever is available despite the possible necessity/desire for genre specific expertise? (Big thanks for Stu's rockabilly series forthcoming in a future thread.)
    How many consults? How long are the consults? Basically what would be any conditions of said consultations?
    Would the future exclusive live session be archived for the premium? I have only availed myself of a few of the current lives in archived form as they are all performed during my working hours. Would these be an obvious event to those excluded from premium - no jamchat conflicts?
    As for the t-shirt this I always found amusing - you should pay me to walk around in a mobile billboard and be a subsequent q+a guy/pitchman on the street, bar, jail, etc...
    The jampacks are of subjective value - my use of prior free or bonus packs is limited for varying reasons.

    Thanks for reading, typing this out pretty much settled it for myself - best of luck to everyone involved and whomever involves themselves within it.
    Hi there,

    The 1 on 1 consultation is a one time deal (45 minutes-1 hour valued at about $60, similar to a lesson), with the goal being the instructor will help you setup a lesson plan for the next 3-6 months to get you on the right track. You could certainly use it as a one off lesson if you prefer, but we don't think that is the best use case for most people. We can't guarantee a specific teacher due to availability but we would match the person up with someone who would be able to meet their style and knowledge goals. Steve Eulberg, for example, only has so many hours in a day.

    Anything we do for Pro members in addition for regular live things would also be archived, yes.

    If the offer doesn't meet your needs, just stick with the regular, literally nothing changes with that offer. Access to basically everything aside from these bonus features..
    Co-Founder and Content Specialist at JamPlay.com

  8. #8
    Moderator jbooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nwhy View Post
    Why is it called Pro? Does that mean it is for professional musicians, aspiring professional musicians, for professionals who can afford to pay more? Or maybe Pro is not short for professional? The one-on-one consultation session is less useful for absolute beginners and pro musicians than it would be for intermediate players? Are the exclusive live sessions aimed at beginners, intermediate, or advanced players? The lick packs would be of interest to advanced players I guess. I don't know if the download feature would help beginners or advanced players more. So who is your target audience for this?
    It's not geared towards professional, it was just meant to indicate a higher level of service. We aren't very clever when it comes to naming.
    Co-Founder and Content Specialist at JamPlay.com

  9. #9
    Moderator jbooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guitarpretender View Post
    When does the holiday sale expire?
    It ends at midnight EST on January 1st.
    Co-Founder and Content Specialist at JamPlay.com

  10. #10
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbooth View Post
    We aren't very clever when it comes to naming.
    Smile. I would have suggested JamPlay Plus. The name you chose will do; the name isn't the important part.

    After you've clarified what it is and who it is for, the next thing you need to do is tell us why we should want it. Make us drool...

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Banner