Premium Member

Question Multi effects - HD 500X vs Firehawk FX vs GT 100

Folks!

Hope you all are doing good! I am looking to get a multi effects processor and am leaning more towards Firehawk FX considering its ease of use. What would you guys advise considering the options mentioned in the title? Also, what do you prefer, running the processor through an amp or through normal speakers?

I use Native Instruments Guitar Rig Pro. So, my effects and amp models are in the computer. I do however rum output back through my audio interface and out to a Bugera Infinium 55 watt amp. I was not happy with the multi-effects processors I tried (Boss GT001, Digitech, POD XT Live). I like to have a nice interface on the cumputer screen rather than have to deal with little LCD screen that you have to get down and mess with on the floor. Propellor Head software is unnecessarily complicated just because they seem to thing the have to entertain you with graphics. I like interfaces that model you amps and effects chains all on one screen. I'm not familair though with the ones you called out. I'll have a look. Between my inferface box (Focurite Scarlett 2i2) and the Native Instruments Guitar rig the cost was about $350.

Premium Member

Thank you for sharing that. If a nice interface is what you are after(just like me), do check out the new Line 6 Firehawk FX. It is insane bud.

Quote Originally Posted by F4TeeN View Post
    Thank you for sharing that. If a nice interface is what you are after(just like me), do check out the new Line 6 Firehawk FX. It is insane bud.

Are you talking about the amp interface on an I-pad?

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rarebird0 View Post
    Are you talking about the amp interface on an I-pad?
    Yes precisely.