Thread: New Interface.

Premium Member

Default New Interface.

Well I've played with it a little bit and I don't hate it actually. I have noticed a few things - my interface says I can opt in to have progress on a lesson 'tracked" - I like that. OPting out for each and every thing I viewed every time (or every time I logged in) was starting to annoy me. i stopped looking at lessons just to see what was in them just to avoid having to opt out. If this new opt-in instead actually works then I like it.

Other stuff that either doesn't work or I would like changed:
    1.The song list (Phase Three) isn't sortable any more. It is really hard to use if you can't sort it.
    2. Can I customize the community and discussion interface part? I'm not super interested in each badge any and everyone gets. Can I have that not on there? If so, how do I do it?
    3. The time stamping on live chats is still way off. It says instructors are not on when they are .....
    4. Can I customise the News and Updates Banner. Actually if you "sticky" the live boot camps like you do now I'd like it to go away altogether. If it can't go away - I notice there is a "filter" menu on the right. Can one of those be "only show most recent"? I really don't want to see 'news' about each and every weekend warrior camp for the last six months. Actually this section has always had a whole lot of obsolete information on it so I hope it has been on your radar for a while.
    **EDIT* #4 - I notice the filter menu changes what is underneath the banner running along the top. That banner is what I want to have go away because it contains so much obsolete information. Hope that clarifies it a bit - Tx.

That's it for now. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Cheers ~ bd
    Last edited by BD-cgull; 10-26-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Premium Member

I definitely agree with BD's first point. The song list needs to be sortable.

Overall, I like the new interface.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanc View Post
    I definitely agree with BD's first point. The song list needs to be sortable.

Overall, I like the new interface.
    Each column in Phase 3 is now sortable.

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by BD-cgull View Post
    Well I've played with it a little bit and I don't hate it actually. I have noticed a few things - my interface says I can opt in to have progress on a lesson 'tracked" - I like that. OPting out for each and every thing I viewed every time (or every time I logged in) was starting to annoy me. i stopped looking at lessons just to see what was in them just to avoid having to opt out. If this new opt-in instead actually works then I like it.

Other stuff that either doesn't work or I would like changed:
    1.The song list (Phase Three) isn't sortable any more. It is really hard to use if you can't sort it.
    2. Can I customize the community and discussion interface part? I'm not super interested in each badge any and everyone gets. Can I have that not on there? If so, how do I do it?
    3. The time stamping on live chats is still way off. It says instructors are not on when they are .....
    4. Can I customise the News and Updates Banner. Actually if you "sticky" the live boot camps like you do now I'd like it to go away altogether. If it can't go away - I notice there is a "filter" menu on the right. Can one of those be "only show most recent"? I really don't want to see 'news' about each and every weekend warrior camp for the last six months. Actually this section has always had a whole lot of obsolete information on it so I hope it has been on your radar for a while.
    **EDIT* #4 - I notice the filter menu changes what is underneath the banner running along the top. That banner is what I want to have go away because it contains so much obsolete information. Hope that clarifies it a bit - Tx.

That's it for now. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Cheers ~ bd
    The customization of the index page will come with time.. adjustments will be made to the index consistently over the next few weeks. I'm really just trying to smash all bugs before adding new functionality, so hang tight.. we will definitely add some things to help control some of the content on the member index.

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdawson View Post
    The customization of the index page will come with time.. adjustments will be made to the index consistently over the next few weeks. I'm really just trying to smash all bugs before adding new functionality, so hang tight.. we will definitely add some things to help control some of the content on the member index.

Chris
    OK - well just the time stamp for the live Instructor chats then.

Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by BD-cgull View Post
    OK - well just the time stamp for the live Instructor chats then.

Tx.
    Yes, I found the bug while working on Deeming's workshop tonight, will fix her up in the morning.

Thanks for the help,

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder