Premium Member

Default If it isn't broken why break it?

Dear Jamplay,
    I've been a member for a few years now and have really enjoyed Jamplay.com. But I really Do Not like the new web page, and I suspect I'm not the only one. I hope it is just a temporary layout due to some problem we members are unaware of. It is really terrible.

Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by kathysguitar View Post
    Dear Jamplay,
    I've been a member for a few years now and have really enjoyed Jamplay.com. But I really Do Not like the new web page, and I suspect I'm not the only one. I hope it is just a temporary layout due to some problem we members are unaware of. It is really terrible.

Kathy
    The member area is essentially the exact same thing as before with navigation at the top opposed to the left column.. nothing about JamPlay has 'changed' in regards to what the service offers. I understand change for web users is rough, and I'm sensitive to that.

Can you be a little more constructive with your feedback aside from 'it is terrible'? Per always, I'm open to any feedback to make it better.. that's the point!

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder

I have been testing the new site out and sending in bug reports to system support. Waiting for you to get all the bugs out. I am a computer scientist myself and have done upgrades of software most of my adult life which is a long time. Did not want to go negative on you until I gave you a chance to make it better than it was, which is always the goal of an upgrade. I checked this morning and functionality are still lost, missing and not there that I sent in my bug report. I'm hoping I did not lose all my pretty guitar picks that I worked so hard to earn!!! Plus, all the other items i submitted in my bug report are still not working!!! Plus, I have some more that I have found!!! Patiently waiting....

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernGuitarMan View Post
    I have been testing the new site out and sending in bug reports to system support. Waiting for you to get all the bugs out. I am a computer scientist myself and have done upgrades of software most of my adult life which is a long time. Did not want to go negative on you until I gave you a chance to make it better than it was, which is always the goal of an upgrade. I checked this morning and functionality are still lost, missing and not there that I sent in my bug report. I'm hoping I did not lose all my pretty guitar picks that I worked so hard to earn!!! Plus, all the other items i submitted in my bug report are still not working!!! Plus, I have some more that I have found!!! Patiently waiting....
    I can assure you we will get to every last one of them.. appreciate your feedback and of course nothing is lost. We are making our lists and progressing through them, keep them coming!

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder

If you guys are having any trouble navigating the site at all, please do write in to us or give us a call and we can help you get acquainted with the new layout. Right now it's still bug squashing priority, but once those issues are mopped up, I'll be putting together new getting started material that will cover how to navigate the site, new features etc.

We know change is tough, but at the end of the day, our members area was about 8 years old. It constrained us from doing new and cool features and it was absolutely terrible on anything mobile. These new changes will allow us to implement better technologies more rapidly. Dawson has even had a couple brilliant customization ideas as well that can be done with this.

We know it's hard, so definitely give us a call or send us an e-mail and we're more than happy to help you out with anything you might be having trouble with.
    Jason Mounce
    Content Producer
    [email protected]
    877-999-4JAM

Emil Werstler on Active Pickups:
    Pros: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde
    Cons: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdawson View Post
    The member area is essentially the exact same thing as before with navigation at the top opposed to the left column.. nothing about JamPlay has 'changed' in regards to what the service offers. I understand change for web users is rough, and I'm sensitive to that.

Can you be a little more constructive with your feedback aside from 'it is terrible'? Per always, I'm open to any feedback to make it better.. that's the point!

Chris
    Chris,

The problem I encountered yesterday was that I wanted to watch the live bootcamp, but I could not find the link. So then I tried looking at the forum for the post. I thought maybe I could find the link there, however I could not find the post. After about 15 minutes of searching I gave up looking. Later I did find a way to get into the lesson using my phone, but the chat didn't open, so I couldn't communicate.
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by kathysguitar View Post
    Chris,

The problem I encountered yesterday was that I wanted to watch the live bootcamp, but I could not find the link. So then I tried looking at the forum for the post. I thought maybe I could find the link there, however I could not find the post. After about 15 minutes of searching I gave up looking. Later I did find a way to get into the lesson using my phone, but the chat didn't open, so I couldn't communicate.
    Kathy
    There's two main areas that will get you in to the bootcamps and workshops. In the upper menu one of the options is Live. Anything that is happening live is categorized under this menu. The workshops can be found there. We also place a sticky notification with links to the bootcamp in the members news and updates section, at the top in a large yellow banner. Depending on the size of your monitor and if you view web browsers in full screen or windowed mode, you may have to scroll down slightly for this.
    Jason Mounce
    Content Producer
    [email protected]
    877-999-4JAM

Emil Werstler on Active Pickups:
    Pros: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde
    Cons: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde