Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New JamPlay Members Area

As you may have noticed, we've got a new members area pushed public at this time.

We've spent a lot of time testing, but with any software push there's bound to be bugs. As you go through the site, please do notify us if you see any bugs that need to be taken care of.

You can either log them here, or send us an e-mail to [email protected]

We can take feature requests as well, but those won't be considered or worked on until all the bugs, both critical and non-cirtical are rectified.

As the site has materially changed you may also want to clear your browser's cache.
    Jason Mounce
    Content Producer
    [email protected]
    877-999-4JAM

Emil Werstler on Active Pickups:
    Pros: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde
    Cons: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde

Premium Member

You may want to take a look at the Giveaways page. What it is showing as the current giveaway, and the October 2015 giveaway are two different guitars. Also, there is a time sync issue with who is currently in the Jamchat and who is scheduled. Right now it is 30 min into Mark Lincolns' chat, and it is showing that he is not scheduled for another 30 min. Also,when changing the timezone, the page refreshes but the timezone remains on EST.

On the subject of the Jamchat, was it by design that the JamChat video plays automatically when entering the members area? If so, I would urge you to reconsider that. Nothing is more annoying than having a video start playing as soon as a page loads and having to scroll down the page to pause it. It is one of the major things that cause me and a lot of people to leave a website immediately. I would rather not have a video play unless I specifically choose to play it. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by chefeam View Post
    You may want to take a look at the Giveaways page. What it is showing as the current giveaway, and the October 2015 giveaway are two different guitars. Also, there is a time sync issue with who is currently in the Jamchat and who is scheduled. Right now it is 30 min into Mark Lincolns' chat, and it is showing that he is not scheduled for another 30 min. Also,when changing the timezone, the page refreshes but the timezone remains on EST.

On the subject of the Jamchat, was it by design that the JamChat video plays automatically when entering the members area? If so, I would urge you to reconsider that. Nothing is more annoying than having a video start playing as soon as a page loads and having to scroll down the page to pause it. It is one of the major things that cause me and a lot of people to leave a website immediately. I would rather not have a video play unless I specifically choose to play it. Just a suggestion.
    The above items we have recorded already and are working on correcting them. The chat video should not auto-play. At least it's not on my end anyway. It should be triggered to start playing. I will inquire on what it's set to do.

EDIT: It appears it is set to auto-play. Chrome auto stops any flash video that is set for auto-play so that's why I was not seeing this. This isn't a bug, but a rationale that will have to be discussed. You have a solid point. At the same time, we want that JamChat full. It's not fiscally responsible to be paying an instructor on every member's dime to 2-3 people. So, some discussion there, so I can't say if it will change or not.

Second Edit: See Chris Dawson's post below.
    Jason Mounce
    Content Producer
    [email protected]
    877-999-4JAM

Quote Originally Posted by chefeam View Post

Ok autoplay is turned off, my regards on that.. It actually doesn't autoplay in chrome so I didn't realize it was active.

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder

1. If I go to Edit My Profile page and try to scroll to the page bottom (where there is a Print Page selection), the page itself is very jumpy. Scrolling to the bottom is not possible.
    2. The time zone on the main page always says eastern standard US time. If you try to change it to another zone and then click "GO" it still jumps back to eastern standard time.
    3. Clicking on My Badges (drop down menu) does nothing, current window just cycles without going to the URL.
    4. Clicking on MY Jam Points does the same as #3 above. However, using the red link box instead of the drop down does the same as #3 but in a new window.
    5. Clicking on Bass Tuner (drop down menu) brings up error page, unable to load file.
    6. Monthly giveaway (drop down menu) brings up the giveaway for September 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansford Hastings View Post
    1. If I go to Edit My Profile page and try to scroll to the page bottom (where there is a Print Page selection), the page itself is very jumpy. Scrolling to the bottom is not possible.
    2. The time zone on the main page always says eastern standard US time. If you try to change it to another zone and then click "GO" it still jumps back to eastern standard time.
    3. Clicking on My Badges (drop down menu) does nothing, current window just cycles without going to the URL.
    4. Clicking on MY Jam Points does the same as #3 above. However, using the red link box instead of the drop down does the same as #3 but in a new window.
    5. Clicking on Bass Tuner (drop down menu) brings up error page, unable to load file.
    6. Monthly giveaway (drop down menu) brings up the giveaway for September 2015.
    Thanks for the list. Many of either been added to our squak list or taken care of. As of this morning I'm testing some of these items on my end and am not able to replicate. Specifically the scrolling, badges and jampoints issues as well as the bass tuner issue.

Have you cleared your browser cache yet? With the amount of changes made, if your browser is holding out of date information, weird things do tend to happen.
    Jason Mounce
    Content Producer
    [email protected]
    877-999-4JAM

Here you go Jason. This is an image of the page I get when I click on the bass tuner. Yes, I just cleared my cache before trying this again. Is it an issue because I have a guitar subscription and not a bass subscription?

1.jpg

And here is what I get when I click on Edit My Profile. You can see there should at least be some margin space on the page as the printing is right at the limit. Notice at the bottom how you can see that the PRINT PAGE box is not quite visible. And if I try to use the scroll bar on the right and side to get to the bottom of the page where the PRINT PAGE box is, it just gets erratic and jumpy and I can't see the whole page. I'd have to do a video to show you the jumpiness. Edited: See the post below for a short video.

2.jpg
    Last edited by Lansford Hastings; 10-21-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Jason, here is a quick video of the jumpiness issue on the EDIT MY PROFILE menu.

https://youtu.be/sYngKiwqoWw

Quote Originally Posted by Lansford Hastings View Post
    Jason, here is a quick video of the jumpiness issue on the EDIT MY PROFILE menu.

https://youtu.be/sYngKiwqoWw
    Yeah the edit profile and profile view pages are currently on our list of bugs, so those will be remedied. I'm worried about the bass tuner however. I'm unable to replicate this issue on my end. Can you provide some specifics about what browser and version you are connecting to us with?
    Jason Mounce
    Content Producer
    [email protected]
    877-999-4JAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jason.Mounce View Post
    Yeah the edit profile and profile view pages are currently on our list of bugs, so those will be remedied. I'm worried about the bass tuner however. I'm unable to replicate this issue on my end. Can you provide some specifics about what browser and version you are connecting to us with?
    I am using the latest version of Google Chrome, and my settings say it is up to date. It is number 46.0.2490.71 m

I don't believe I included the actual URL of the page that opened when I clicked on Tools > Bass Tuner, but it is http://members.jamplay.com/upgrade-b...s/?instrument=

If I click on the Tools > Guitar Tuner option I get this URL http://members.jamplay.com/teaching-tools/guitar-tuner/

All of this makes me wonder if you only get the Bass Tuner if you actually have subscribed to the Bass membership on JamPlay?
    Last edited by Lansford Hastings; 10-21-2015 at 03:20 PM.