Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Amplifier conundrums - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member

Russell,

You might like this pedal too..

SWEETWATER PRICE

Beat Buddy.jpg

Premium Member

Another vote for the Mustang. I have bought a Mustang III V2 a few weeks ago and it's a very good modelling amp for the price. It's fine for playing at low volume and with it's 100 watt it's loud enough for gigs. If you have a change to try one out, you should definitely do so.
    Last edited by dshow; 04-27-2015 at 03:15 PM.
    dshow

I think that the only real way to go about this is to take you guitar to a music shop and test out amps until you find what you want. I would also suggest looking in to some of the Roland cube amps as well as the others mentions.
    A tele in to a vox is a thing of beauty,

Premium Member

Thanks everybody!
    This has given me a lot of information to go by! I won't be going blind to buy my next amp! I appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by RSnell00 View Post
    So I have an electric guitar on layaway, and I'm looking to what kind of amp to get for it. I have some time but I want to make an intelligent choice. Something good that won't break the bank as I'm on a limited budget. I used to have a G-Dec 3, and I loved it, but they don't make them any more. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Russell
    What style of music do you like to play and how loud can you crank your amp up?

I personally prefer all-tube amplifiers and own a Traynor YGL1 15 watt that sounds excellent for classic rock and blues. It's loud enough to aggravate the neighbours if I choose to.
    Tattoos, Razor Blades, Redemption and Regret.