Thread: Guitar purchase

Premium Member

Default Guitar purchase

Hey!
    I just put an Epiphone Worn G 400 SG style guitar. It sounded good. I like the looks of it. And I have the chance to change my mind if I so desire. I'm getting it for $260. I know it's not top of the line, but I need something to learn my pentatonic scales and practice rifts and blues. Am I making a mistake? Is there something better for near the price range? and can you tell me what the difference would be? Any help I can get would be appreciated! Thanks!

Epiphone Worn G-400.jpg

Premium Member

I like Epiphones. They are good value for the money, and very playable.

Premium Member

Nice choice, should be just fine for a first guitar.

Premium Member

I have an Epi SG400 Pro and I assume it's pretty much the same as yours. I love it. I just had it set up and it plays like a dream. Very functional guitar and pretty too.

Premium Member

Thanks everybody, for your input!
    I tried a strat style guitar that was from Mexico. It was a nice guitar, but I'm a fat guy, and it was difficult to get the guitar where I wanted for comfort and ease of playing. This one was easier for me to get comfortable with. And it seemed to have good sound. I was tempted by a semi hollow body, but that may be something I look at later down the road. Again, that you all for your comments!

Russell

I've been in live venue situations where I thought the lead player had a LP Standard or Custom and it was an Epiphone....and it sounded every bit as awesome as the real thing.....mostly because of the player's ability lol

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by 72GoldTop View Post
    I've been in live venue situations where I thought the lead player had a LP Standard or Custom and it was an Epiphone....and it sounded every bit as awesome as the real thing.....mostly because of the player's ability lol
    LOL! Then that would leave me out! I'm just getting the pentatonic scales down! But I think that I'll be okay from the sound of everyone's comments here on this thread!

Thanks for posting!

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by RSnell00 View Post
    Thanks everybody, for your input!
    I tried a strat style guitar that was from Mexico. It was a nice guitar, but I'm a fat guy, and it was difficult to get the guitar where I wanted for comfort and ease of playing. This one was easier for me to get comfortable with. And it seemed to have good sound. I was tempted by a semi hollow body, but that may be something I look at later down the road. Again, that you all for your comments!

Russell
    I think you answered your own question my friend! If this is more comfortable then this is the one. Epiphone makes a good guitar. It is not a Gibson but they are still nice guitars. I got myself an Epiphone LP Standard Pro and I love it! It's more important though that you like the axe you are playing and that you are comfortable with it.

Basic Member

Epiphone's are nice. I have a Epi Les Paul Studio that I bought used just to tinker with. I had the frets worked over by a pro, and I changed out the pickups, wiring, pots, bridge, and other stuff. I wanted to make a guitar that was something different, and it turned out pretty good. Enjoy your guitar , and if you later want to make some changes, it's not difficult.