Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    I think this is probably it more than anything. He used heavy gauge strings. I remember reading that between sets he'd use super glue in his fretting hand because they were so messed up from the abuse.
    I read that a lot of people ruined their hands because they tried playing with heavy strings like SRV. Except most people don't have SRV's huge hands and apparently it wasn't all that easy even for him. So if you like his sound, go for it but pay attention to what your body is telling you. The real goal is to find your own sound, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by crosstour View Post
    I read that a lot of people ruined their hands because they tried playing with heavy strings like SRV. Except most people don't have SRV's huge hands and apparently it wasn't all that easy even for him. So if you like his sound, go for it but pay attention to what your body is telling you. The real goal is to find your own sound, IMHO.
    I read once where SRV actually tore off the callouses on his fingers from playing so hard, and used super glue to put them back on. And it was a regular thing for him. Not sure if that's verified or not, but it makes for a great story. lol
    "Practice, practice, practice. Practice until you get a guitar welt on your chest. If it makes you feel good, don't stop until you see the blood from your fingers. Then you'll know you're on to something." - Ted Nugent