Default Joe Cocker dead at 70

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30582761

I was never a huge Joe Cocker fan, but he still had some hits that I enjoy to this day. 2014 has been a somewhat tough year for music losses, both from death as well as from injury. A lot of the greats are really starting to age and I fear we're going to lose more in 2015.

Who is a musician that we've lost in recent years that you were really sad to see go?
    Jason Mounce
    Content Producer
    [email protected]
    877-999-4JAM

Emil Werstler on Active Pickups:
    Pros: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde
    Cons: you can put them in a 2 X 4 and sound like zakk wylde

Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott from Pantera was a big one for me. It's hard to believe it was 10 years ago on the 8th of this month.

I'm a big Iron Maiden fan so Clive Burr passing away in 2013 from complications of MS was sad.

I was also sad when I heard about Shane Gibson (2014) and Cory Smoot (2011) passing away since they had videos on JamPlay and almost felt like I knew them a bit.

Premium Member

Long, long ago, Joe Cocker shifted my thinking about what a vocal could be. Everyone was being concerned about being melodic, but he blew that out(or came in through) the bathroom window. Sounding 'really good' as compared to sounding 'really right' was a road he helped to pave for others.

I'm still sad about Johnny Winter's passing. Saw him in all phases of his career. Right up to the end, he could still rock the house.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMR76 View Post
    Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott from Pantera was a big one for me. It's hard to believe it was 10 years ago on the 8th of this month.

I'm a big Iron Maiden fan so Clive Burr passing away in 2013 from complications of MS was sad.

I was also sad when I heard about Shane Gibson (2014) and Cory Smoot (2011) passing away since they had videos on JamPlay and almost felt like I knew them a bit.
    I was lucky enough to film those lessons and work with those guys and it was definitely hard to take that news, definitely a reminder of how finite life can be. Coincidentally, my birthday is December 8th, when Dimebag was shot, along with John Lennon.. some weird karma there I try not to think about.

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder