Thread: Progress Report

Default Progress Report

Just gotta vent a little about the new progress report format. I used to manually update the status on a particular lesson that I wanted to work on, which would add it to my progress report. It was a good system for me to keep track of lessons I was interested in. Now, any lesson that I view is automatically added to my progress report. Since I like to view new lessons that I may not even be interested in, this has quickly become an out of control mess.

I like the feature of being able to create a playlist to organize saved lessons, but isn't there some middle ground where I can control what's being added to my progress list? I'm using the manual update function in the progress tab, but that doesn't keep it from being automatically added.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne4d View Post
    Just gotta vent a little about the new progress report format. I used to manually update the status on a particular lesson that I wanted to work on, which would add it to my progress report. It was a good system for me to keep track of lessons I was interested in. Now, any lesson that I view is automatically added to my progress report. Since I like to view new lessons that I may not even be interested in, this has quickly become an out of control mess.

I like the feature of being able to create a playlist to organize saved lessons, but isn't there some middle ground where I can control what's being added to my progress list? I'm using the manual update function in the progress tab, but that doesn't keep it from being automatically added.
    I will get this addressed. It is on my list but the holidays are beginning to swallow us whole. I will include a separate tab for "lessons you have watched" versus lessons you are working on the keep things separated.

Sorry for the trouble... I will get it!

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder

Thanks for the prompt reply Chris. You guys and gals rock!

Premium Member

Hey Chris,

This is exactly what I was looking for as well! I have posted a similar comment in another thread.

I have been a member at JamPlay since 2011 and I would like to see if we can tag lessons as favorites so at some point in the future we can revisit them on a selective basis.

Sometimes I have done a lesson 2 or 3 years ago and would like to have gone back to it later, but due to the sheer amount of lessons here and most of us doing multiple lessons and series, the ability to mark some lessons as favorites and the ability to go back to them from time to time for refreshers would be great!

For example, if you are doing a Blues Series, and you have a particular lick that you really enjoyed in a specific lesson of that series, I would like to mark that lesson as a favorite. So if I want to come back to it a few weeks later, a few months or even a couple of years later, it should be easy to go to just the marked favorite lessons. A lot of times, you forget some licks and riffs if you don't use them all the time. Trying to dig through a whole bunch of lessons just to find that one lesson with the riff or a lick can get frustrating.

You guys Rock!