Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Premium Member

Default Lessons don't work with Chrome

Using a Dell Studio with Windows 7 Professional. Chrome is v.38.0.2125.104m. Was working fine last week. Works with IE.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamp7787 View Post
    Using a Dell Studio with Windows 7 Professional. Chrome is v.38.0.2125.104m. Was working fine last week. Works with IE.
    This probably won't help, but I am using a Dell laptop windows 7 Prof and Chrome same version and I've been playing two specific lessons each day this past week. I've not had any problems. Could it be there is a problem with a specific lesson? I've been watching Eve's lesson on John B Sails, and Jim's Phase 1 lesson on Red River Valley.

Kathy

Premium Member

No lessons work. I have a friend who is having the same problem. I am using IE now so it's not that big of a deal. But, they should try and find out what is the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathysguitar View Post
    This probably won't help, but I am using a Dell laptop windows 7 Prof and Chrome same version and I've been playing two specific lessons each day this past week. I've not had any problems. Could it be there is a problem with a specific lesson? I've been watching Eve's lesson on John B Sails, and Jim's Phase 1 lesson on Red River Valley.

Kathy

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamp7787 View Post
    No lessons work. I have a friend who is having the same problem. I am using IE now so it's not that big of a deal. But, they should try and find out what is the problem.
    I also have a Dell tablet which uses Windows 8, I tried the lessons on it and could not get them to play, gives me an error every time.

Kathy

Premium Member

Same here, win7 (home) and dell studio 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Remek View Post
    Same here, win7 (home) and dell studio 17.
    Can you guys be sure to logout (actually click logout on the top right of the member area), clear your browser cache and give it another go? All of our staff uses Chrome almost exclusively so I haven't had any luck recreating this. If it continues please give me the direct link to any lesson that isn't working and I'll try to get it solved.

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdawson View Post
    Can you guys be sure to logout (actually click logout on the top right of the member area), clear your browser cache and give it another go? All of our staff uses Chrome almost exclusively so I haven't had any luck recreating this. If it continues please give me the direct link to any lesson that isn't working and I'll try to get it solved.

Chris
    I did exactly as you asked. I logged out by clicking "logout" and was put on the screen with the option to log back in. I went into settings and cleared all cached data and history. I then went back into jamplay and logged on. It still won't play anything. I get a long wait time with the screen looking like its waiting for buffer. I click again and get a notice that it cannot be read.

Quote Originally Posted by Remek View Post
    I did exactly as you asked. I logged out by clicking "logout" and was put on the screen with the option to log back in. I went into settings and cleared all cached data and history. I then went back into jamplay and logged on. It still won't play anything. I get a long wait time with the screen looking like its waiting for buffer. I click again and get a notice that it cannot be read.
    Can you provide the "notice that it cannot be read" ? There are a few different messages that could be displayed in case of an error, so I'm wondering which it is.

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdawson View Post

Chris
    I just actually clicked on "Logout", then cleared the cache, closed the browser and then opened it again. Went to Jamplay.com clicked on Login, entered my information, clicked on the lesson, went to the lesson, tried to play the lesson. Just a spinning box, no lesson, no error message, just the spinning.

For the record, I really do wish Jamplay understood how extremely frustrating it is to be told to clear the cache. Every time my browser closed it clears the cache. Before I contact jamplay I clear the cache and try again. Only to be told to "clear the cache". I don't believe in using the word "hate", but I really do "Hate" it when I am told by Jamplay to clear the cache.

Kathleen Reeves

Quote Originally Posted by kathysguitar View Post
    I just actually clicked on "Logout", then cleared the cache, closed the browser and then opened it again. Went to Jamplay.com clicked on Login, entered my information, clicked on the lesson, went to the lesson, tried to play the lesson. Just a spinning box, no lesson, no error message, just the spinning.

For the record, I really do wish Jamplay understood how extremely frustrating it is to be told to clear the cache. Every time my browser closed it clears the cache. Before I contact jamplay I clear the cache and try again. Only to be told to "clear the cache". I don't believe in using the word "hate", but I really do "Hate" it when I am told by Jamplay to clear the cache.

Kathleen Reeves
    I understand the frustration, and trust me I hate it too.. I'm just trying to isolate the scenario and remove variables for these individual cases. When thousands of people are using chrome each day with no issues, but a few have problems.. cache and things related to your individual computer are things we need to eliminate first. We have also been making alot of changes lately so caching is just part of the game.

Can I email you directly to get things figured out? I just sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder