Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by janopack View Post
    also my progress report on my ipad is not in sync with the web browser version. it's not a big deal just a little annoying.
    We are currently developing iPad V3.0 which will sync the progress between web usage and iPad usage.
    Co-Founder of JamPlay.com

Premium Member

Firefox and sometimes chrome :-)
    :groovy: Buffyline

Hey Guys,

We are on a bit of a time crunch to get our weekly milestone complete but will definitely be looking into this early next week.. check back for updates.. we will get it fixed!

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdawson View Post
    Hey Guys,

We are on a bit of a time crunch to get our weekly milestone complete but will definitely be looking into this early next week.. check back for updates.. we will get it fixed!

Chris
    Thanks Chris. We all appreciate the great customer service at Jamplay.

Premium Member

Hey Guys,

Chris
    I am using Chrome as well. What I notice is it records my session for a bit and then stops. I am guessing either my browser or the server is timing my session out. It is interesting that it will keep feeding me content while in essence logging me out. Having just completed a lesson, I came here to see what was going on, could read the thread where the error was discussed, but couldn't post without logging in again. Thanks for looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bishop View Post
    I am using Chrome as well. What I notice is it records my session for a bit and then stops. I am guessing either my browser or the server is timing my session out. It is interesting that it will keep feeding me content while in essence logging me out. Having just completed a lesson, I came here to see what was going on, could read the thread where the error was discussed, but couldn't post without logging in again. Thanks for looking into it.
    Just a quick update on this. I am writing a bit of code to start tracking more data from the progress report functionality, in order to see if I can recreate some of these issues. I'll have it in today and will begin amassing data shortly thereafter.

For a bit of insight into the progress monitoring... when you watch a lesson, the progress is updated every ~5 seconds. If you go to the "Progress" tab on the lesson page (top right), and flip it to "Manual Tracking", we still track your progress but allow you to change it how you want. If you then flip it BACK to "Auto Tracking", the progress is updated to reflect what you have watched. So, if you (1) watch 10% of a lesson, then (2) flip it to manual mode and change it 90%... (3) watch another 5%, then (4) flip it back to auto tracking.. it will result in 15%. This is why sometimes it may appear to be hectic, but is in fact working as planned.

Also for some other insight into the progress tracking.. our code monitors each "unique" second in a video. So if a video has 1,000 seconds, each second is unique and must be viewed in order for the progress to reflect accordingly. This was somewhat required since so many people loop a section, or skip through a video, or view only the last section (like a song demo). This may sound a bit overboard, but it was the only way I could figure the progress to be 100% accurate.

That being said, this code can get a bit heavy for some users, so I'm also writing in a mechanism to completely turn it off to see if it affects some browser performance.

Ok sheesh that was longer than expected

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder

Just a quick update on this. I am writing a bit of code to start tracking more data from the progress report functionality, in order to see if I can recreate some of these issues. I'll have it in today and will begin amassing data shortly thereafter.

For a bit of insight into the progress monitoring... when you watch a lesson, the progress is updated every ~5 seconds. If you go to the "Progress" tab on the lesson page (top right), and flip it to "Manual Tracking", we still track your progress but allow you to change it how you want. If you then flip it BACK to "Auto Tracking", the progress is updated to reflect what you have watched. So, if you (1) watch 10% of a lesson, then (2) flip it to manual mode and change it 90%... (3) watch another 5%, then (4) flip it back to auto tracking.. it will result in 15%. This is why sometimes it may appear to be hectic, but is in fact working as planned.

Also for some other insight into the progress tracking.. our code monitors each "unique" second in a video. So if a video has 1,000 seconds, each second is unique and must be viewed in order for the progress to reflect accordingly. This was somewhat required since so many people loop a section, or skip through a video, or view only the last section (like a song demo). This may sound a bit overboard, but it was the only way I could figure the progress to be 100% accurate.

That being said, this code can get a bit heavy for some users, so I'm also writing in a mechanism to completely turn it off to see if it affects some browser performance.

Ok sheesh that was longer than expected

Chris
    Ok I have found the problem.. Matt and I will begin crafting up a solution in the morning to get things functional, then probably a bigger rewrite of this in the near future.

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder

Premium Member

Sounds good. I don't envy you having to deal with stuff like this. My problems never stemmed from trying to skip over video though. I could watch an entire video lesson and it still wouldn't give me accurate progress. Hope you get it all worked out and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyAsh View Post
    Sounds good. I don't envy you having to deal with stuff like this. My problems never stemmed from trying to skip over video though. I could watch an entire video lesson and it still wouldn't give me accurate progress. Hope you get it all worked out and thank you!
    It's my responsibility and fault for the problem so I have to own it.. am not pleased with my effort here and will make this right. The problem isn't from skipping, it stems from the storage of unique seconds becoming too big for the browser to handle. So after watching a specific amount of video (I didn't calculate the exact length, maybe 20 minutes), the system would stop recording.

We should have a patch in shortly, hopefully this afternoon. My regards again.

Chris
    JamPlay.com Co-Founder

Premium Member

Same here