Premium Member

Default What are you listening to?

Just throwing a line out there... I always love discovering new bands (new to me, at least).

The album I've been listening to lately (which also happens to have a killer bass tone) is Lovedrug's Wild Blood. The overall sound of the album is great. Spacious layered electric guitar parts, tight punchy drums, unique and raw lead vocals, and a great gritty, aggressive bass tone helping carry it all. In my opinion the album is still only a shadow of their 2004 release, Pretend You're Alive, at least as far as the writing goes, though the production value is definitely much higher on the newer album.

So what are YOU listening to?

Chad
    Videographer/Editor for Jamplay.com
    [email protected]

Banned

Lovedrug from the Cleveland/Akron, Ohio area? I met those guys in Columbus, Ohio about 12 years ago...Great band and really cool dudes!

I'm rocking the new Down EP and St. Vincent's latest album at the moment...pretty much polar opposites.

Premium Member

Yep, that's the Lovedrug. I forgot they were from Ohio. A lot of good things come from Ohio I guess.

That St. Vincent stuff is quite a musical experience. Very intriguing.

Premium Member

I haven't been listening to anything new. The last time I discovered a band that I liked it was 2012. At that time, I learned about Assembly of Dust. I'm going to check out Lovedrug now.

Later,
    Gamma

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chad.fawcett View Post
    Yep, that's the Lovedrug. I forgot they were from Ohio. A lot of good things come from Ohio I guess.

That St. Vincent stuff is quite a musical experience. Very intriguing.
    Yeah, small world! It was kind of a funny experience. I was just walking down the street with my girlfriend and we were looking for something to do. The singer was out smoking. He was just like "Hey! what are you guys up to? You should come to my show!" They were playing at Bernie's - pretty much the worst venue in Columbus...haha! I'm sure Dennis, John Auker, and Larry Cook are familiar with the place...(We all went to school together). Anyway, I've been a fan since.

Yeah, St. Vincent is awesome! She's a sharp lady. I just watched the Nirvana hall of fame induction. I thought she did the best job out of all the singers they chose to play with.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by gammasign View Post
    I haven't been listening to anything new. The last time I discovered a band that I liked it was 2012. At that time, I learned about Assembly of Dust. I'm going to check out Lovedrug now.

Later,
    Gamma
    That's some good stuff! Listening to their Some Assembly Required album. It's a little twangier then I usually get into, but I'm digging it. Glad you shared, Gamma.

Basic Member

Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke & Jaco Pastorius