Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can Jamplay be streamed through Roku?

Just wondering if anyone knows of any way to stream jamplay lessons through Roku. I know you can't use Roku as a web browser, but we use it to stream Netflix, etc.

No, Roku isn't going to work on a browser. There is a limited browser called Oversight that's side loadable I read about but haven't tried. A channel could be possible maybe setting lessons up like episodes perhaps? Have to try and see if I can beam it from mobile using Twonky, hmmm get back to you later on that.

I don't believe it will at the moment. We have a Roku app planned in our long term timeline, but that will not be until after our revised iOS app, Android App etc. One of our mid->long term goals is to create better accessibility across devices.

Your best bet right now would be something like Chromecast, which is $35 dollars. It also works on most SmartTV web browsers (I've tested in a few Samsung televisions for sure.)

There we go again get back on the consumer treadmill sorry to be a dick but I've been a roku guy for awhile and this cop out is crowding my asss. But Mom it's too hard i don't wanna. Then again there's the list of other shit that doesn't work here growing daily........nevermind. Why why oh why do I bother?

was gonna edit the above post but its phucking blank, can't see can't touch can't cant' can't ...........what are you guys republicans?

I thought you might be happy we were hoping to support the Roku.

Quote Originally Posted by WWG4short View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows of any way to stream jamplay lessons through Roku. I know you can't use Roku as a web browser, but we use it to stream Netflix, etc.
    Unfortunately not. With Roku's growing popularity, it's quickly moving up our priority list. We're launching an iPad app late April / early May. A revised iPhone app shortly after. Then Android apps (tablet & phone) both after that. Then working into Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung TV, Google TV, etc.

I've read about a few bits of software that'll allow you to stream websites to your Roku but haven't had a chance to test any out myself. Here's one that a few people mentioned that you could look into.
    Co-Founder of JamPlay.com

I was gonna contritely apologize for jumping the shark but I know I'm not the only one with issues after the update. So I'll go buy an iWhatever be a good little iSheep sit in the corner and accept whatever comes my way.

Premium Member

Looks like it's been over 4 years since this thread was updated. Any news about the possibility of a JamPlay app for Roku?

Premium Member

I can stream it on my fire stick.