Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Default Jam partners wanted, advanced beginner through intermediate

54 yr old male looking for partners within an hour's travel of North Central Massachusetts (near Gardner, MA). I play acoustic & electric guitar, and I have at least one friend who is serious about his blues harp playing that would join in. Guitarists, bassists, drummers, vocals & groupies are welcome, please drop me a line either here or at [email protected]

Scott

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by melodiusthunk View Post
    54 yr old male looking for partners within an hour's travel of North Central Massachusetts (near Gardner, MA). I play acoustic & electric guitar, and I have at least one friend who is serious about his blues harp playing that would join in. Guitarists, bassists, drummers, vocals & groupies are welcome, please drop me a line either here or at [email protected]

Scott
    Its too bad you live so far away. That must be 10 hours drive from NY. Maybe we could do it by Skype or something.

Sorry I missed out on this, guess I should have stayed back east. Before moving to Arizona 3 years ago, I lived in Templeton!
    "Never take no cut-offs, and hurry along as fast as you can." Virginia Reed, surviving member of the Donner Party

Premium Member

Arizona? Ain't that where all the 'after" shots in the nuclear disaster movies are filmed? i mean, drill a hole in templeton, and WATER just shots straight out of the ground...

Quote Originally Posted by canyonhiker17 View Post
    Sorry I missed out on this, guess I should have stayed back east. Before moving to Arizona 3 years ago, I lived in Templeton!

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackgretsch View Post
    Its too bad you live so far away. That must be 10 hours drive from NY. Maybe we could do it by Skype or something.
    I doubt that Skype would be the best vehicle, since both video & audio quality is quite low, however there are probably other ways to put an online jam together, either in real time using dedicated software & a high-sped conncetion, or more likely, starting with a backing tracking, and each player adding a track that leaves room for the others in the jam to contribute. It would definitely take some recording skills to synch everything up at the same tempo & then to arange the various parts to compliment one another. I think that "Jam Band" could be a great instructor activity within Jamplay, provided that enrollments are limited to the number of players that a class session can hope to coordinate, with sucess also dependent on plyers and instructors mutual comittment to practice both individually and a s a group on a regular basis.

Meanwhile, I am still looking for people who coulddo something in the N central Mass area, beginning with a just for fun, no pressure environment, and hopefully growing into something more serious around practicing and learned to become better musicians.

not real time but an option - http://www.ohmstudio.com/

Premium Member

Scott
    I would if I still lived in Western Mass. I live in Fort Myers, FL and would like to jam with intermediate and up musicians as well. Good luck Melodiusthunk!

Premium Member

Scott
    Hi Scott,
    I just joined and will be working my way through the lessons (electric guitar). I've been playing for a few years now. Once I firm up some skills and get back into a regular practice routine, I'll be in touch to see if you're still looking.

Good luck and happy playing!

Premium Member

Actually, check out www.ejamming.com. Supposedly, you can jam with people all around the globe. I am just showing you this for information, I am not a member of it.

Premium Member

Also looking for advanced beginner to intermediate level musicians to jam with in the Chicago west suburbs. blackgretsch I already went thru my ejamming 30 day trial but would be willing to sign up for a month if you want to try it out. You need an audio interface - I bought a Line 6 UX1 for $120 from Amazon and used it with ejamming. Anyone know of or used other online jamming tools?