Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by l1a1 View Post

Ive got a boss js8 eband which is great for practice/recording etc. whats the next best (other than garageband?). what is everyone else out there using?
    I have one and for some reason it wont play backing tracks that i down loaded from jamplay, i usually down load backing tracks on to my home computer then transfer them on to a flash drive and then play them thru the eband to practise, but when i press play on the eband i get an error message saying unsupported format, can you help me with this

Dave

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martintrini View Post
    I have one and for some reason it wont play backing tracks that i down loaded from jamplay
    Hmmm.... I have the JS10, and Jamplay's backing tracks have always worked for me. I believe the Jamplay tracks are mp3's. JS 8 & 10 as far as I know are supposed to be able to play mp3's and .wav files. Are you sure you didn't change the file type some where along the way? If you name a specific track that doesn't work for you, I'll download it and check to see if it works for me and get back to you.

Am i doing something wrong,
    On the lesson page, example hands on the fretboard, i click on supplemental
    I scrool down on the page area showing backing track
    I click on backing track
    On the screen shows the play button area and below that download backing track right click and save
    I right click and get a drop down menu with 6 lines, one of them saying save link as
    Libaries music page opens, it shows
    file name 56141.mp3
    Save as type mp3 format sound
    I click save
    I open my music file, its there as 56141.mp3
    I right click, scrool down to send to, scrool down to removable disk/ local disk(j), click
    It coppies it on the flash drive
    I recheck the file is on the flash drive and play it
    Put the flash drive in the eband, the lcd screen shows 56141
    I press play
    Error message unsupported file
    Dave
    Trini2DBone

i just realised the e band will play backing tracks that are down loaded from the teaching tools area, why wont it work for the lesson area, which is where i need it from
    Dave
    Trini2DBone

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martintrini View Post
    i just realised the e band will play backing tracks that are down loaded from the teaching tools area, why wont it work for the lesson area, which is where i need it from
    Which lesson is that? If you send me the link, I'll give it a try for you.

In phase 1 beginners with David Isaacs, lesson 3, hands on the fretboard, backing track.
    I really appreciate your assistance so far.
    Not sure how to post a link.
    Thanks
    Dave
    Trini2DBone

Premium Member

I tried it and got the same error message. I checked the file, its sampled at 48k, and I believe the JS10 needs it to be 44.1k. I converted the file, and it worked, so I think that may be the problem. I also downloaded one of the backing tracks from the backing track library, and it was at 44.1kHz so that would explain why those tracks work and the lesson tracks do not. Looks like you'll have to convert the lesson tracks to 44.1k in order to get them to play.

thanks, finally got thru, thanks again
    Last edited by Martintrini; 07-06-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    Dave
    Trini2DBone