Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Basic Member

Default Rockman guitar amp

I'm thinking of getting one of these for practice. They have two kinds: "Guitar Ace" and "Metal Ace". I've tried to find out the difference, but the description is lacking. Both have distortion settings so which is better.

Anyone use the Rockman amps? Thoughts?

Basic Member

Note 3: the Guitar Ace has no effects. It is basically the amp simulation part of a Rockman.
    Note 4: the Metal Ace is a Guitar Ace with more gain and a different voicing.

http://www.rockman.fr/Reviews/Rockman.htm

Basic Member

Thanks for the article. It was very imformative.

I'm just looking for headphone practice amp, so I don't disturb my family. I've noticed some other bands that look interesting.

Any suggestions?

Basic Member

I use a little Digitech RP with headphones.

Got an Iphone, Ipod touch or an Ipad? The IK multimedia Irig does a good job as a headphone practice/ travel amp, there are some free apps for a couple of amp models and the cost of the paid apps is reasonable depending on the tone you are looking for. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irig/
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by lpgarnell View Post
    I'm thinking of getting one of these for practice. They have two kinds: "Guitar Ace" and "Metal Ace". I've tried to find out the difference, but the description is lacking. Both have distortion settings so which is better.

Anyone use the Rockman amps? Thoughts?
    Wow I cannot believe this is coming back up I have a Rockman from the 80's in my closet and no I am not selling it its original still works.. I do not use it but before jumping back on that bandwagon look at some other options as Denswon pointed out now theire are much more accurate and suitable and to some "Better" sounding options especially if you have the Ipad etc you can do it on the cheap... the Rockman was started in the 80's by Tom Scholtz of Bostom he was also an Engineer I actually tried out my very first "New" Guitar in 1980 with a Rockman they are cool for on the run but look at all the options good luck but if ya get one they will do ya as well..

Basic Member

Yeah I don't have an iphone or ipad. I'm kinda anti-crapple, but I do like the Irig idea.

Does anyone know if there are options for pc, or android? Has anyone tried the Vox headphone amps?

I guess I need to go to a GC and try some out. See how they sound. There's an idea :P

I have the Vox AC30 headphone amp and am disappointed with it, even when using good earphones. I don't use it anymore. I either use the iRig through my iPhone or just practice without an amp when quiet is required. (Sorry, don't know about Android.) There are a bunch of USB interfaces and free software that will work with PCs or Macs.
    See this forum for recording gear: http://forums.jamplay.com/showthread...Recording-gear
    Last edited by crosstour; 10-13-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Premium Member

Default Boss JS8 Eband

Quote Originally Posted by crosstour View Post
    I have the Vox AC30 headphone amp and am disappointed with it, even when using good earphones. I don't use it anymore. I either use the iRig through my iPhone or just practice without an amp when quiet is required. (Sorry, don't know about Android.) There are a bunch of USB interfaces and free software that will work with PCs or Macs.
    See this forum for recording gear: http://forums.jamplay.com/showthread...Recording-gear

Ive got a boss js8 eband which is great for practice/recording etc. whats the next best (other than garageband?). what is everyone else out there using?

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by l1a1 View Post

Ive got a boss js8 eband which is great for practice/recording etc. whats the next best (other than garageband?). what is everyone else out there using?
    Wow! That thing is really cool, but a bit pricey for me right now. Maybe in the future, that would cover everything I need.