Thread: Hello from Manchester UK

Free Member (Wimp!)

Thumbs up Hello from Manchester UK

Hi everyone.
    Just joined up today so finding my way around the site etc.
    Im in Manchester in rainy UK.
    I've been trying to play guitar for years now and always seem to get frustrated, give up for months if not years and then always end up getting back into it.
    I joined Jamplay in the hope that I can get stuck into lessons which will give me a path to guitar greatness. haha

Hopefully, I'll stick with it this time!!

Welcome sheepy 42!
    Greetings from one rainy country to another (Ireland!). Ah Manchester so many great bands from there like The Smiths & The Stone Roses. Yes I think Jamplay will help you on ur path to guitar greatness There are excellent video lessons & the Jamchat is handy if u hv questions/need help/wanna learn new things in general. Hope u enjoy the site & it motivates u to stick with it, rock on
    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
    -Marie Curie

Hi Sheepy, I signed up last April, the best thing I ever did. Like you, I've been in and out of learning guitar for years. Finally I looked at my Strat one day gathering dust and said, time to change that habit. Anything you wanna know, just message me, add me as a friend. All the best!
    "Keep doing it, the more you do the more you learn". - Paul McCartney's advice for inspiring musicians/songwriters.

Free Member (Wimp!)

Jam Time

Quote Originally Posted by sheepy42 View Post
    Hi everyone.
    Just joined up today so finding my way around the site etc.
    Im in Manchester in rainy UK.
    I've been trying to play guitar for years now and always seem to get frustrated, give up for months if not years and then always end up getting back into it.
    I joined Jamplay in the hope that I can get stuck into lessons which will give me a path to guitar greatness. haha

Hopefully, I'll stick with it this time!!
    Hello Manchester, Hello from Springfield Missouri. You will my friend. Im sure its in your blood as it has been with me. Started playing when I was twelve, along with Drums, Drums ive stuck with, guitar ive always got a lil frustrated, then priorities, but ill never lose the desire as im sure you will not either. Great community here, glad your with us...

Free Member (Wimp!)

Thanks for all your kind words and for making me feel welcome. Feels nice to be part of the community.
    I've already started with some lessons from phase 1 so I can hopefully recap what I already know and remind me of stuff I've forgotten.
    I've always struggled with the theory side of it so starting from basics seems to make sense.

Thanks again everyone .

Quote Originally Posted by sheepy42 View Post
    Thanks for all your kind words and for making me feel welcome. Feels nice to be part of the community.
    I've already started with some lessons from phase 1 so I can hopefully recap what I already know and remind me of stuff I've forgotten.
    I've always struggled with the theory side of it so starting from basics seems to make sense.

Thanks again everyone .
    Hey Sheepy, nice to welcome you to Jamplay. I am in London. Now I know it's always raining in Manchester, but when London is drenched too something must be wrong. I trust that you enjoy the learning on Jamplay. There's so much to choose from it's sometimes hard to know where to start. Phase One seems the best place. Best wishes and maybe see you on one of the forums.

Anthony.
    "It's not easy being an idiot ... but I try. " ~ ~ Miche Fambro.

Premium Member

Just stick with Jamplay mate. You'll do fine. This is an amazing place with a friendly community and the teachers are absolutely fantastic. Don't give up and keep practicing after watching the vids and you'll suddenly see yourself improving way beyond what you could have imagined.

Hi there, I've just joined too and know what you mean about always having wanted to play guitar but somehow never finding the time to get properly stuck into it. This seems quite a good way to do it though... here's hoping. I've just been down in Manchester to see Eddie Vedder play at the Apollo, really cool city.

Im new too and I live in the uk