Thread: So Good to See You

Premium Member

Default So Good to See You

I'm having a heck of a time getting the blues riff right in "So Good to See You." DJ's demonstration starts at 1:13 in Scene 3 of his lesson. Here is my transcription. Where is my rhythm wrong in bars 4 and 5?
    Dave Bayless

Hey Dave!

Sorry I missed this somehow. This is a subtle rhythmic thing that might be good to cover in one of my Live Chats. If you can make it sometime, we can cover this and I can show you exactly what's going on.

Basically, it's kind of a palm mute and you're emphasizing the "and" of beat 4 on measure 4 of your transcription while also kind of resting on beat 1 of the following measure. It's harder to describe than to show, so hopefully you can pop into a chat some time.

The schedule is here. Thanks for the question and hopefully we can get that clarified!

Premium Member

Thanks, DJ. I'll see you tomorrow at 4PM Mountain.
    Dave Bayless

Premium Member

Thank you for taking time this afternoon in the Live Chat to show me the rhythm bit. I was trying to transcribe from what I was hearing and seeing on the video. After comparing my tab to yours, I noticed that I was hearing the open E and A strings eighth notes, but I wasn't seeing you play them, which is what was confusing me. In any event, I'm back on track.
    Dave Bayless

No problem, man! Glad you could make it in.

Hope it goes better now and keep me posted on the progress!