Thread: Irish Washerwoman

Premium Member

Default Irish Washerwoman

Here is my first attempt at recording a song. There are no effect at all, just me.
    http://soundcloud.com/mgap/irish-washer-woman

All words of wisdom are appreciated.

So this has been updated and re-recorded, enjoy
    Last edited by mgap; 07-04-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Hey pretty cool! I'm working on the same song. I have Part-A down solid but still working on getting Part-B smoothed out a bit. Unlike what Steve does in that 2nd part, I strictly stick to the up-down picking instead of the down-up-up in that section. It's a little more difficult doing it the other way due to crossing over the extra string, but I'm so used to the bluegrass crosspicking style that I'm going to stick with it until I get it down solid!

Nice Mike! Glad to see you're sharing your music with us. My only pearl of wisdom is to boost the volume. Couple of options would be to put the mic closer to the guitar, or boost the gain on the mic (if there is a dial), or boost the gain on your amp (if you're using one). Well played man!

Premium Member

Ok, here is a better upload. I tried to upload from GarageBand but that produce a poor upload. This one is much better. I replaced the original link.
    Last edited by mgap; 10-02-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Sound quality is much better now. Your playing really comes out. You nailed this my friend!