Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Premium Member

Jeff Waters from Annihilator :headbang:

I would love to see someone teach some Annihilator songs in the lessons section.

Peter Buck
    The Edge
    Andy Summers
    Prince
    Bonnie Raitt
    Joni Mitchell
    Brian May
    George Harrison
    Bruce Cockburn
    Nancy Wilson
    Neil Young

Tony iommi
    Buch dharma
    Mark hitt
    Dickey betts
    Steve morse
    Allan Holdsworth
    John McLaughlin
    John goods all
    Larry Carlton
    Steve lukather
    Mike miller
    Charlie Christian
    Wes Montgomery
    John Scofield
    Bill frisell
    Mike landau
    Michael hedges
    Tommy Emanuel
    Johnny smith
    Chet Atkins
    Scott Henderson

First of all I can't believe how long this thread has lasted lol.....then I can believe EVH's name appears here only sporadically, thought he was a flash in the pan player all along ... just my 2 cents

Premium Member

Lets see...

Adam Jones, while not exactly the most techincal guitarist he is absoultely rock solid rhythmically, his playing hooks me in every time

Andrew Goddard and Mark Hosking, these guys have whipped out some amazing stuff in various difficult time signatures, can't get enough of them.

Bill Kelliher

Brent Hinds

Brendon Small

Not really into the typical fast techincal players, doesn't interest my ears too much

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by 72GoldTop View Post
    First of all I can't believe how long this thread has lasted lol.....then I can believe EVH's name appears here only sporadically, thought he was a flash in the pan player all along ... just my 2 cents
    Flash in the pan? The instrument itself was revolutionized by the man's playing. Like his style or not, that is one thing. To say he was a flash in the pan is a little bit misinformed. The Floyd Rose, superstrats, two hand tapping, symmetrical scales, etc. Guitar was never the same after Van Halen came out in 1978. He not only changed music and guitar technique but changed the instrument itself. He is every bit as influential on the modern electric guitar as Fender and Gibson are.

I have too many favorites to list but EVH is definitely on the list. He might not be your favorite and his style may be taken for granted nowadays but he was definitely not a flash in the pan...just my two cents though.

I'm a John Petrucci fanatic these days. Can't get enough of his tone and his playing.

I'm also a long-time lover of David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) and Angus Young (AC/DC) for different, but related reasons. Both are incredibly expressive guitar players, but Gilmour is more laid back and sing-songy with his stuff, whereas Angus is all sassy and rebellious sounding. Love them both.

Interesting that while I love metal music, I don't know that I've ever latched on to a single guitarist from that genre and said, "man, I wanna play like HIM!"
    Evan Weeks - Programmer. Musician. Dad.

Premium Member

I tend to float around a lot as to who my "favorite" might be. Earlier on it was totally Steve Vai and Joe Satriani. Being with JamPlay has really turned me on to many other awesome guys and I'm currently REALY in to Bumblefoot and Prashant Aswani. Been listening to their stuff almost daily as I work on other stuff. Inspiring and very musical!
    -Chris Liepe
    Content/Instructor
    JamPlay.com

Premium Member

David Gilmour and Jerry Cantrell for me. Both of them have such an incredibly expressive style without being overly complex in their techniques.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyAsh View Post
    Flash in the pan? The instrument itself was revolutionized by the man's playing. Like his style or not, that is one thing. To say he was a flash in the pan is a little bit misinformed. The Floyd Rose, superstrats, two hand tapping, symmetrical scales, etc. Guitar was never the same after Van Halen came out in 1978. He not only changed music and guitar technique but changed the instrument itself. He is every bit as influential on the modern electric guitar as Fender and Gibson are.

I have too many favorites to list but EVH is definitely on the list. He might not be your favorite and his style may be taken for granted nowadays but he was definitely not a flash in the pan...just my two cents though.
    i think van halen is great but on his recordings i think he only play to his full potential on eruption. i love other songs by him such as and not limited to jump, pretty woman dancing in the street. but i know he can do better or perhaps i havent heard all his songs. if you have any suggestions im willing to check them out. Some of my favorite guitarists are satriani,santana,srv,fruciante,urban,paisley,rodri go y gabriela,marcelo berestovoy,allen van wert. thats all i can think of right now its too early