Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce bailey View Post
    Yup, there's a bunch of us. I started around the age of 15, but never progressed past a few songs and strumming. Picked up the guitar in my middle years for a while, but didn't stay with it. Now, at 59, I bought the guitar I've wanted for a long time because I'm determined to learn as much as I can and play with our church praise band and for family and friends. I'm lovin' it, practice at least an hour a night and more as time permits. I have learned to be patient with myself in these days. There are some songs I'd like to play, which are beyond my ability right now, but I'm set on developing the skills to one day be able to master 'em. I listen to those songs almost daily to keep me inspired to the skill level I want to achieve. It's great fun!
    Hi Bruce, we are the same age and have always wanted to play guitar. You are fortunate wih your practise discipline and I envy that. I look at Jamplay everyday and want to practise but just can't get that motivation or discipline? I wish there was one teacher here who gives me that nudge to play and practise. It's completely my doing and not blaming anyone else, just need that extra boot!

I wish you luck and hope you can be the best for the praise band, friends and family.

Cheers,

Ron

Free Member (Wimp!)

Hi kerry, I'm 65 and just started to learn guitar. I wanted to learn since I was a child. Learned to play an organ at age 15. Never to old to learn.

Basic Member

Yeah! just turned 50. I had a couple of failed attempts, early on first probably in my early teens. I'm a lefty and back then you either learned to play right handed or turn the guitar upside down and re strung it. Neither where successful for me. So I resigned myself to never being able to play. I didn't know you could buy a left-handed guitar until last year? (I bought one straight away).
    5 months later! Greatest moment so far jamming to ACDC "Back in Black" backing track.

Quote Originally Posted by andy c View Post
    Yeah! just turned 50. I had a couple of failed attempts, early on first probably in my early teens. I'm a lefty and back then you either learned to play right handed or turn the guitar upside down and re strung it. Neither where successful for me. So I resigned myself to never being able to play. I didn't know you could buy a left-handed guitar until last year? (I bought one straight away).
    5 months later! Greatest moment so far jamming to ACDC "Back in Black" backing track.
    Well I am 70 years young and I am just now trying my luck or skill at the guitar. I was malways to busy before to give myself a chance to learn. Now that I am retired I have more time for this. I also am fighting cancer and this gives me a chance to get away from my battle.

Free Member (Wimp!)

Hi I just joined yesterday. I played guitary for 8 or 9 years but quit towards the end of college, never got very good. I needed money so I sold my 63 telecaster and Hummingbird to pay for my tuition. I started taking lessions locally 3 months ago and decided to supplement them with jamplay. I play a Martin 000-18ge, its the best acoustic I have played. I'm enjoying getting back into guitar. Working on Blackbird now, my buddy says his instructor doesn't teach Blackbird cause everytime he teaches it the student quits. I don't know its not hard just takes time to learn. Oh, I'm 58 live in Norhern California

Premium Member

Hello, 49 here so...you're certainly not the only one who remembers 8-tracks and cassettes (and vinyl, maybe!) who is learning the guitar. Trying to keep at it. A little frustrated with my "progress," but I'm not giving up.

Basic Member

Ya know, I felt so silly buying my second-ever guitar last week ... at age 55! It's been soooooo many years, that I've gotta start from scratch.

Thirteen pages in this thread! Now I don't feel silly at all. A little less avant-garde, maybe ... but company's a Good Thing.

Free Member (Wimp!)

Quote Originally Posted by roselynne View Post
    Ya know, I felt so silly buying my second-ever guitar last week ... at age 55! It's been soooooo many years, that I've gotta start from scratch.

Thirteen pages in this thread! Now I don't feel silly at all. A little less avant-garde, maybe ... but company's a Good Thing.
    I am new to the guitar and JamPlay. I am 61 and I'm so thrilled at what I'm learning. JamPlay allows me to be a new player and to also learn Country Blues. I love it. :jamfest:

Premium Member

Yep. 66 here. Learning a lot.

Basic Member

So many of us!

I don't know what's more amazing -- what I remember, or what I don't.