Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper1959 View Post
    i will be 57 on the 28th. I got back into guitar I think three years ago. I took my severance and bought my dream fender.
    I used part of my severance to buy my PRS Custom 24. lol

I guess 42 is not later years (and I still feel young), but seeing so many young guitar players around YouTube, I'd say I started (well, returned to) playing guitar quite late.

Premium Member

65 here. started playin 3 years ago. sold my cat for my geetar

Premium Member

Hi
    I'm 37 and have only started about six months ago and love it i took it up as i have been diagnosed with systemic lupus and i am no longer to partake in my sports or any outside activities i needed something that was going to keep me mentally active as i was used to being a high functioning person so the guitar and learning music has become so imperitave on so many levels. I have learnt a few songs and am now working on singing and playing and i never knew i could sing until i started playing my guitar well

Premium Member

I am 61 which all by itself slows my learning abilities. On top of that I have arthritis setting in on my fingers. I got into this when I was 60 with some background in playing. I find it mentally challenging and rewarding. I find that when stressed about something I can lose myself in my guitar and feel so much better. Another thing I find challengingly rewarding is playing chess. But playing chess does not give me the creative outlet that playing my guitar does.

32 pages of older beginner players, perhaps Jam Play can get some songs that an older audience can relate to and appreciate.
    Sorry at 52 I'm gonna pass on the level 4-5 difficulty Metal and Rock songs. It would be nice to have some easier songs for us older folks.
    As this tread is titled "Anyone Else LEARNING in their later years". Jam Play is gonna lose an older audience if its geared towards kids,
    funny thing is us older folks are the ones with the credit cards.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BootSQ View Post
    32 pages of older beginner players, perhaps Jam Play can get some songs that an older audience can relate to and appreciate.
    Sorry at 52 I'm gonna pass on the level 4-5 difficulty Metal and Rock songs. It would be nice to have some easier songs for us older folks.
    As this tread is titled "Anyone Else LEARNING in their later years". Jam Play is gonna lose an older audience if its geared towards kids,
    funny thing is us older folks are the ones with the credit cards.
    Hey Shawn, I typed "Country" in the search field on the JamPlay member webpage and it yielded lots of country style links.
    Check it out: http://members.jamplay.com/search-re...h_text=country