Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper1959 View Post
    i will be 57 on the 28th. I got back into guitar I think three years ago. I took my severance and bought my dream fender.
    I used part of my severance to buy my PRS Custom 24. lol

I guess 42 is not later years (and I still feel young), but seeing so many young guitar players around YouTube, I'd say I started (well, returned to) playing guitar quite late.

Premium Member

65 here. started playin 3 years ago. sold my cat for my geetar

Premium Member

Hi
    I'm 37 and have only started about six months ago and love it i took it up as i have been diagnosed with systemic lupus and i am no longer to partake in my sports or any outside activities i needed something that was going to keep me mentally active as i was used to being a high functioning person so the guitar and learning music has become so imperitave on so many levels. I have learnt a few songs and am now working on singing and playing and i never knew i could sing until i started playing my guitar well

Premium Member

I am 61 which all by itself slows my learning abilities. On top of that I have arthritis setting in on my fingers. I got into this when I was 60 with some background in playing. I find it mentally challenging and rewarding. I find that when stressed about something I can lose myself in my guitar and feel so much better. Another thing I find challengingly rewarding is playing chess. But playing chess does not give me the creative outlet that playing my guitar does.