PDA

View Full Version : little help brad

toolfan88
12-02-2007, 07:39 PM
hey im a little confused on what notes to bend on the pentatonic scales and blues scales. i also feel my solos have no direction. how can i improve this? i try to copy what you do but i cant. i look your lesson 5 and it helped a little but im still lost. can you help? :rockout:

Brad.Henecke
12-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi Toolfan ,check out my lesson #20 on Phrasing. I think this lesson will help with your direction on soloing .Lisson to other guitar players .Figure out what it is they do to make there solos interesting .On bending you can bend any of the notes in the Pentatonic and Blues scale .The key is finding how far to bend the string to get to the next note .Start out by playing on any note of the blues scale ,find the next note of the scale on the same string one heigher.Take the first note Bend up to the 2nd note . The Key is finding how far to bend to get to the next note of the scale .I hope this helps let me know.

toolfan88
12-03-2007, 09:00 AM
ill take that lesson 2nite brad. i try to play like my favorite guitar players and there licks but i cant seem to get it down. can you show us some licks that can be used while soloing. i kno that as a guitarists we dont want to just copy everything but i was always told licks are a great building block. i only kno about 3 licks in the blues scale. i try to copy you but your just to good. lol sometimes your solos move to fast and i get overwelmed because i dont no what your playing. but as a teacher your great. iv had 3 different teachers and you have easy the best one.

toolfan88
12-04-2007, 07:36 AM
didnt get to take any lessons last night cuz i we got hit with a snowstorm. it sucked.